Gothic romance horror adventure..?

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Both are good, though neither has art in their online portfolio that I would consider Gothic Romance.

I think that I might suggest Quigley for the cover, but Ms. Lazauski might do better for the interiors. Her art reminds me a bit of Di Terlizzi's work.

The Auld Grump

Saint Mac

First Post
This looks outstanding. I've been trying to put something like this together for a long time myself. My wife is a HUGE fan of the Gothic Horror/Romance/Madness on the Moors story genre, and I've never really be able to get it to work.

This setting looks outstanding, and is a game I'd love to play in. I like all the factions you've put in. The best part of this genre really is all the scheming and conniving that goes on as people try to marry off daughters to advantageous gentlemen, while hiding the skeletons in the closet.

I hope you get this published, but if not, I hope you'll consider sharing it here. This is some really great stuff!

I agree with Tinner! I would like to give it a go as well.

As for romance, I had it in my Kingmaker game, I tossed a few NPCs in to help the game feel more "living". A player was married and actually had children so I know it can be done. I had the benefit of having a playground premade aready though.

I wish you the very best in your efforts!

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
While the game/setting and romance play seems to be working out for our home game, I'm leaving out the details for the moment.

This project is set to go to Kickstarter/IndieGoGo (one of them anyway) in April, and if finances accrued writing to begin in May. Christina Stiles will be the author, leaving me as developer and cartographer, and Emma Zalauski as lead artist. We will need patrons to support the project come April - expect to hear upcoming news about it from Rite Publishing, sometime in March.

Remove ads