• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grand List of iPhone Apps for D&D Gaming

mpattee

First Post
Thank you very much Kragash. Did they ever tell you why your app took so long to get through the review process? I've been debating adding some more details about feats/powers etc. But I'm not sure how far I want to push it. Feel free to email me at mike@cordax.net if you don't want to discuss all of this publicly.

I bought character4ge a while back and I like how you handle the custom backgrounds and controls. I need to look into those a bit further, they really add a lot to the look of your app.

Mike

Kragash

First Post
Thank you very much Kragash. Did they ever tell you why your app took so long to get through the review process? I've been debating adding some more details about feats/powers etc. But I'm not sure how far I want to push it. Feel free to email me at mike@cordax.net if you don't want to discuss all of this publicly.

Mike

No, Apple never told me. And they're still sitting on an update to my app. I'm sure it will take another 2 months before people get their hands on it.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
well you can always do a android app (my 854 x 480 Droid screen rocks) and accept paypal payments for it .... its not locked to a mega corps permission strings.

Last edited:

airbornemist6

First Post
I've been mulling the idea of creating a new app similar to i4e that would do the things you mentioned but for 3.5 and pathfinder. I'm not convinced that there is an audience for it but I could be wrong. I'm not sure how to find out honestly so I've just been putting it off until I get i4e to the place I want it to be.

Mike

Trust me, there's an audience, at least for Pathfinder. I only know about 5 people who play 4e. Meanwhile, I know a TON who play Pathfinder, including myself. However, Paizo is working on their own iPhone app, so by the time you get around to getting i4e up and running, they'll probably release. I'm pretty sure the market for it is pretty big though, most gamers didn't switch to 4e when it came out and a lot still haven't. At this point nearly all of the ones that stuck to 3.5e have switched to Pathfinder.

Jhaelen

First Post
Trust me, there's an audience, at least for Pathfinder. I only know about 5 people who play 4e. Meanwhile, I know a TON who play Pathfinder, including myself.
A TON, huh?

I can easily counter your example by not knowing anyone who plays Pathfinder. Myself, I still play D&D 3.5 and occasionally 4e. I bought and read the Pathfinder RPG, but I don't know anyone else who did.

In other words: anecdotal evidence is worth absolutely nothing when you want to measure how large your potential customer base will be.

mpattee

First Post
I'm not sure I'm going to get much more than anecdotal evidence from a forum ever. That being said, I did purchase the Pathfinder book and bestiary. I'm trying to wrap up i4e 1.3 at the moment, as soon as thats done I'll be looking into what a potential Pathfinder app would look like. My assumption is that I can make something useful for 3e, 3.5e and Pathfinder together.

Mike

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads