• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Grappler Question

Sigma77

First Post
This is about the feat. It says that creatures one size larger don't automatically succeed on a grapple check to escape... except I don't remember ever seeing that in the Grapple rules in the first place. Do you think it means that you can try and grapple creatures more than one size larger than you now?

Edit:

After doing some investigation, it seems this is the exact same as the Alpha, which had a different set of grappling rules... which suggests they kind of missed the ball in changing it since it references a rule that isn't there anymore.

Last edited:

Chryssis

Explorer
I don't have my PHB in front of me, and I realize that this is a thread from 3 months ago. however in the PHB under the Grappling description is states that you can only attempt to grappel someone 1 size category larger than you. It does not say if they are bigger than that they automatically succeed their check, however by limited who you are allowed to grapple it is pretty clearly implied.

Just as an FYI.

Cheers,

Remove ads