• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Great lines from "House"

sniffles

First Post
I'm in love with Hugh Laurie. He is the most awesome actor ever. I love talking to people who watch the show but don't know anything about him and watching their jaws drop when I tell them he's British. :D

But I have one problem with "House" - I've been watching it pretty regularly, and I still don't know any of the other characters' names but Cuddy! Note to the writers: Call them by name occasionally, people!

[Edit] I'm still kicking myself that I could have seen Hugh Laurie live in London 15 years ago, and I didn't go!!

Last edited:

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
He calls them by there last names all the time.

Forman -- Easiest description Black guy, he is also my second favorite character.
Chase -- Rich Kid
Camren -- The lady of the group.

Dr James Wilson - Houses friend, the cancer doctor.

Atridis

First Post
Dr. House: Like I always say, there's no "I" in team. There's a "me" though, if you jumble it up.

This is a long one, but it's a great sample of the show's writing and wit (I copied it from IMBd, they have a bunch of these):

Dr. House: [to the crowd in the walk-in clinic's waiting area] Hello, sick people and their loved ones! In the interest of saving time and avoiding a lot of boring chitchat later, I'm Doctor Gregory House; you can call me "Greg." I'm one of three doctors staffing this clinic this morning.
Dr. Cuddy: Short, sweet, grab a file.
Dr. House: This ray of sunshine is Doctor Lisa Cuddy. Doctor Cuddy runs this whole hospital, so unfortunately she's much too busy to deal with you. I am a board-certified diagnostician with a double specialty of infectious disease and nephrology. I am also the only doctor currently employed at this hospital who is forced to be here against his will.
Dr. House: [to Lisa] That is true, isn't it?
Dr. House: [to crowd] But not to worry, because for most of you, this job could be done by a monkey with a bottle of Motrin. Speaking of which, if you're particularly annoying, you may see me reach for this: this is Vicodin. It's mine! You can't have any! And no, I do not have a pain management problem, I have a pain problem... but who knows? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm too stoned to tell. So, who wants me?
[nobody moves]
Dr. House: And who would rather wait for one of the other two guys?
[everybody raises their hand]
Dr. House: Okay, well, I'll be in Exam Room One if you change your mind.
Dr. Cuddy: Jody Matthews?
[Jody raises her hand]
Dr. Cuddy: Please accompany Doctor House to Exam Room One.

Atridis

First Post
Dagger75 said:
He calls them by there last names all the time.

Forman -- Easiest description Black guy, he is also my second favorite character.
Chase -- Rich Kid
Camren -- The lady of the group.

Dr James Wilson - Houses friend, the cancer doctor.
I constantly refer to Omar Epps, Lisa Edelstein, and Sela Ward by the actors' names, even when I'm talking about the characters.

aceofgames

First Post
Whats so great about House as a character, is no matter what, he takes center stage. A episode could all be about Cameron or Chase, but House is still in the back, being correct, and sarcastic.

Remove ads