• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Great Mastiff] New website is up!!!!

Our new website is up at www.greatmastiffgames.com ... a lot of it is still under construction, but what there is seems to be shaping up pretty nicely. Take a look and see the triumphant return of a small D20 publisher! :D

Thus far, the Home, What's New, and Catalog pages are the ones that are truly up and running. However, I'm working away to get content prepared for the rest as well, and there should be new material there soon too. I'm definitely looking forward to putting some freebies up. ;)

While you're at it, check out the new cover for the Acrohelion campaign setting, which goes along with a whole molossovir-load of new material that's included in the second and subsequent printings. I'll post a run-down of some of the new stuff -- and some of our upcoming products -- ASAP.

And another interesting thing to do would be to go to Amazon and type in "Acrohelion" in the search. There's a detailed review by one of our customers there.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Looks pretty good. More than anything, I'm glad to see you back at it; I followed the other thread you started a few weeks back, and it's good to see you getting back into the fray. :)

Many thanks, Hal! :D Two more books on the way too (shorter ones .... sourcebooks which amplify on the material in the campaign setting but can also be used as a general resource for ideas, pregenerated NPCs, new monsters, city descriptions, etc.).

CSB046

First Post
Great Mastiff Games said:
While you're at it, check out the new cover for the Acrohelion campaign setting, which goes along with a whole molossovir-load of new material that's included in the second and subsequent printings. I'll post a run-down of some of the new stuff -- and some of our upcoming products -- ASAP.
Congrats on the new website!

However, I have to ask, will most of this new stuff be available as a download?

Because of the other thread discussing Acrohelion's lack of sales, I developed enough interest to go buy it (at Amazon), and I received it about 2 weeks ago. There wasn't any mention of an updated version in that other thread, so now you're telling me my brand-new book is already outdated?

That's rather depressing... :(

Last edited:

Well, you certainly raise a valid concern there. The new material wouldn't have outdated your book per se (it's just some supplemental material, rather than a change to the existing setting) .... however, I think that you have a very good point, which I'm glad you brought up.

I was originally including even MORE stuff in an effort to increase sales (even though there's already a tremendous amount of material in the book). However, I can see from your comment that this would be unfair to all those people who have already purchased the book. This is an aspect I hadn't thought of, so many thanks for bringing it to my attention before I made a mistake in this regard.

So your book will be identical to the next printing as well, other than the cover. :D Your brand-new book is still brand-new, and will remain the definitive guide to the campaign setting! There are 6 copies of the "more stuff" edition floating around in general circulation, but the other 19 existing copies will go into my woodstove as 'logs'. ;)

I'm not sure yet if I should put the material that was going to be added on into another book, or as free stuff on the website. I'm inclining to the put it on the website as a freebie, although I'll have to have a little more art for it before I do that. It would consist of racial weapons (spiv gladius, quaishi mace-axe, elven syrinx, etc.), one new race, and around a dozen magic items.

Last edited:

CSB046

First Post
By no means do I want to see you lose money on books you've already printed! (And perhaps my late-night message sounded more melodramatic than it should have. Certainly, updated editions are a way of life; DVD companies do it all the time!)

I just thought that it would be nice if the extra material were available separately. That way, previous buyers could still get it without repurchasing the whole book. Then you could sell the updated edition to future purchasers that (hopefully) your spiffy new website will draw to the setting.

Perhaps you could take the Necromancer Games route...put up a web enhancement that requires a password drawn from the Acrohelion core book (e.g., "word three on p. 27"). Alternately, the new material (if somewhat self-contained) could be put up as a demo to show the style of the setting.

Just some thoughts from a customer with very little actual business sense. ;) Honestly, from the other thread, I know how much effort you've put into the Acrohelion project. Do whatever you feel is best for your company!

Plenty of thanks for the kind words, and the excellent suggestions! :D

I've been mulling over the situation and think that I've come up with something that will be satisfactory to all involved. In effect, I'll borrow the Necromancer Games idea, but do it one better, so to speak. ;) When I have the next bunch of books printed up, I'll put a page up on my website where purchasers of the original printing of the book can enter a certain word as a password. This will take them to a page where they can type in their name and address -- and I'll send them a free copy of the 'tweaked' version. In effect, you'll be getting two copies of the book for the price of one. Not bad, eh? ;)

Last edited:

CSB046

First Post
Great Mastiff Games said:
When I have the next bunch of books printed up, I'll put a page up on my website where purchasers of the original printing of the book can enter a certain word as a password. This will take them to a page where they can type in their name and address -- and I'll send them a free copy of the 'tweaked' version. In effect, you'll be getting two copies of the book for the price of one. Not bad, eh? ;)

Well, now that would be way cool. :)

Remove ads