• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greater Charm Person

Archade

Azer Paladin
I'm thinking of running a 5e version of Against the Cult of the Reptile God, and the whole plot hinges on a long-term charm. I was thinking since charm person is now much shorter in duration, and at the end the victim knows they were charmed, a new spell might be in order.

Do you think a 5th level spell would be appropriate for Greater Charm Person, allowing a save every 1d6 days, and the victim would not recall being charmed.

What do you think of the power level?

rankarrog

First Post
Powerlevel is mostly interesting for one thing: Will the PC's possibly get the spell in their books? If yes, ask yourself if you want your Spellcasters make longer lasting friends... I'd be OK with Level 5 but that doesn't mean your campaign is OK with it.

If the PCs will not get their hands on it, and the thing is only a a plot device(as far as I know the Reptile God doesn't have a spellbook): Perhaps make it a power of the "reptile god", instead of a spell, and roll with that.

Remove ads