• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greatest cameos?

KenM

Banned
Banned
diaglo said:
Dave Arneson in the D&D Movie

IIRC that scene was cut from the "film". Its on the DVD extras though. Does it still count as a cameo if it was not in the film?

My vote for best cameo, Samuel L. Jackson in Kill Bill vol. 2.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
TracerBullet42 said:
Over the weekend, I watched Eurotrip. All in all, it's just another stupid comedy, but it had a Matt Damon cameo in it that was simply hilarious. He plays a crazy punk rock singer named Donny and it was a very different "look" for him. It was quite hilarious, and now I have the "Scotty Doesn't Know" song stuck in my head, and I imagine it will be stuck there for at least a month.

I just saw that movie a couple weeks ago and I still can't get that song out of my head. The scene where the waiter in the Eastern European hotel turns and slaps his boss had me on the floor for a good five minutes in fits of laughter.

It's not really a cameo but the other night I'm watching Brotherhood of Satan, a creepy 70's devil-worship movie. Not too bad, by the way, and it has a pretty darn creepy ending. Anyway, the deputy in the film just seems so familiar to me. Then I realize it's the same guy that played County agent Hank Kimball on Green Acres. He has the same four or five gestures and mannerisms in this one scene and for a surreal moment it's like I'm watching Hank Kimball after his retirement and this is like some demented - yet oddly correct - extension of Green Acres.

Athlete cameos!

Reggie Jackson in Naked Gun.
Brett Favre in There's Something About Mary
Joe Namath on The Simpsons ("I'm Joe Namath"..."Just remember one thing"..."vapor lock")

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I don't know if cartoons count but

the flashback scene in Samurai Jack when the child Jack sees a wandering ronin crossing a bridge pushing a baby cart, the ronin fights off a pair of Ninjas before walking off ...

Rackhir

Explorer
Dark Jezter said:
Charlton Heston in Wayne's World II.

I still crack up every time I see that scene. :)

Wow we actually agreed on something. I remember watching that and going "Boy he REALLY did make a difference."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads