• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Green Ronin's Hamunaptra

JeffB

Legend
Anyone have this boxed set and care to give a review/summary?:D

I am mostly interested in how much adventure material there is that a DM can use and how easily it can be dropped into other settings. All the PC type crunch will likely get ignored.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I grabbed a couple of copies before it sold out on Paizo for $5 but have yet to use it. More than likely I will just hang on to the one I have left and sell it still in shrinkwrap someday when it becomes more scarce. Or Imight make a trade with someone who has some other gaming goodness I might like (PM me if you like). Everything I have read about it has been good -

http://paizo.com/products/btpy7ev4/discuss?Egyptian-Adventures-Hamunaptra

Gilladian

Adventurer
I ran a brief Hamunaptra campaign several years back. It was great fun, but I had a hard time creating adventures for the setting.

I do think that unless you have a region that is already "egypt-themed" there's not much for stripping out and using elsewhere. If you DO have an egyptian region in your campaign world, I think you'll find it very useful.

It is well-written, evocative, and very playable. Just be prepared to spend some time working up a campaign from scratch or by putting together a lot of your own transitional pieces while using other modules.

JeffB

Legend
Yay..the troops have arrived. Thanks for the comments and links to reviews everyone. Sounds like it would be pretty useful to my preTOT Realms campaign (where I have modeled ancient Netheril kinda sorta on a high powered Ancient Egypt).

Remove ads