D&D 5E Greenmtn's Planescape Game IC

Greenmtn

Explorer
The Hive

The two groups of players see eachother as the Barmy disappears into the Alley. On hearing his scream and going in to investigate Lex finds him as lifeless as the cobblestones he is laying on.
On investigating the only wound is the bruise from landing on the cobblestones after he fell and there are no signs of life in the alley aside from rat droppings.

OOC: Sorry for the lackluster post. I had a much more colorful and indepth one all typed up, and I lost it when I tried to post. So with my time constrains this is what you get today.

blaststeel

Explorer
Ashir finger guns back. "You are a lively one ain't yee!" Assuming a low stance struct with his hips. "Are you claiming this corpse cause I like an explanation?" Then he looks over the body "keep it down, last thing we need is to be seen with a fresh corpse...how much the mortuary paying for bodies?" asking Ezra while not turning his back on the finger pointing shipping crate. Really hauling a corpse down wet streets was not his plan for today.

mike peabody

First Post
"You do not need to worry about being confused for the assailant in this case. Harmonium patrols are infrequent and with the Hive's high morbidity rate, a corpse is not an uncommon sight. The alleyway is windowless and there is no aerial surveillance. I can tell from our positions that we offer nearly 92% concealment from passers-by, in addition to the diminished range of sight afforded by the clouds and rain. While it is possible that audible cues may be more easily perceived, it is very unlikely that four armed individuals at the end of an alley in the Hive will be set upon, except by a larger group who will not have as much interest in a body as they will in simply robbing us, per a statistical survey of Hive crime rates produced in the last decade."

*Swings one finger gun to the side*

"That is Leau. He is excellent. Also, were you aware that your collar is uneven?"

blaststeel

Explorer
"92 percent... last decade..."Ashir can't help as he smirks at the facts and figures arbitrarily tossed out. "Leau it is nice to meet you" Ashir says giving a slight nod in Leau general direction. Then he nudging kicks the corpse body down away from the head and torso with the tip of his boot. He uses one hand to adjust his clothing near the collar but this only increases the unevenness around the neckline. All the time keeping his other hand remains gun pointed at the modron." It is customary to introduce oneself and then ones crew. I am Ashir," Ashir says to the talking block. Then thinking better of it and unsure if Ezra wants his name sullied by the body laden streets Ashir says again, "I am Ashir. I shall let my associate introduce himself since I am competent he can do a better job than any of us so far. " He waves the same one hand towards Ezra in a slight bow while keeping his other hand finger gun at the talking cube. He than pulls it up into a palm open facing outwards stop sign towards Ezra and says, " After you introduce yourself and what your doing here?" Ashir than tries to quickly use thief chant hand sign language with the one hand at Ezra to convey to him, ((maybe they are involved in the deaths.)) Ashir does not even know if Ezra understands thief chant but figures it worth giving it a try.

Deus Machina

First Post
Leau is still trying to catch up. He just keeps looking back from Lex, to the body, to the newcomers and back again. It's a moment before hooves stop clattering on the cobblestones.
A hand raises, palm open. "I'm Leau. And I'm really starting to see why so many of us stay out of the city. Just... I mean..." He gestures at the body. "What."

mike peabody

First Post
"Leau! Please watch out for the corpse!"

"On an unrelated note, this is Ashir and his HILARIOUS coat-collar comedy routine. He says you are my 'crew.' I am not certain, since you are not being paid by me, currently, and you are not my subordinate. We also lack a ship or a municipal cleaning contract. I had been following the protocols for a separate arrangement, that of a 'date,' as it tends to yield better results, in terms of depth of purpose and cooperation. However, if this fourth individual is Ashir's 'crew', it is reasonable to think that he is using the term in a way that is more colloquial. He did say it was customary to introduce oneself before the crew, which I have not encountered in dealings with other crew-groupings, so it appears possible they, too, are on a date, if that is how the term 'crew' is uniquely applicable in these situations. Ashir has no ship and is not equipped for cleaning work, anyway, which lends credence to my hypothesis, though a survey of local and historical custom would be helpful in assessing how 'crew' is meant to be mutually understood. Always a puzzle, you flesh-bearing entities!"

"To respond to your implicit statements, Ashir, I am Lex. Leau and I are seeking an individual name Eliath, who was not the dead person we now see. We may also face zombies but since Leau has expressed apprehension regarding that project, it is likely we will deal with them on a case-by-case basis, preferring to avoid the undead, when possible."

*Extends magnifying glass and looks at Ashir's gestures*

Url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=194873]Investigation: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15[/url]

"Ashir, is that a form of sign language or a spell you are casting on your date?"

blaststeel

Explorer
AS close to slapping the smirk off of Ashir you will ever see. Ashir's face has the stunned look as his teeth part from the smirk to a daft look. like the damp weather has drained the life from his attempts at one handed communication to again adjust his cloths near the neck line. The trail of vocabulary is more than he normally used to. Finally as if seeing the extended magnifying glass as an invitation to respond, he says"
"Lex, your name is Lex. Your looking for a Eli Ant and there may be zombies." Suddenly the body laying on the street is far less appealing and Ashir takes a slight move backwards for the body. "Is there coin in finding this E ant?" He says while preparing to investigate the feet end of the street corpse. thinking better of it, he looks at Lex and says with his smirk returning, "You carry that end."Pointing to the head and arms. " I carry this end and we split whatever the mortuary pays for the body?"

Deus Machina

First Post
Leau is still staring. He's starting to get use to the modron's font of communication, but that among the entire situation is slow to click into place. "Um. Coin. They pay for bodies around here, right. I'm just, you know, worried about what he died from." He peers down at the body again, cocking his head.

Investigation=7

"I mean, I'd be worried if it's contagious. You can't die from crazy, right? I don't want to catch either one of those."

Greenmtn

Explorer
OOC: Not much for me to add at this point. The rain sees to be letting up but people haven't started coming out of the dry warmth of buildings yet.
As far as how much you get for bringing bodies to the Mortuary, unless someone things they have been down on their luck enough to do it before you wouldn't know for sure. Judging from the conditions the people that do it seem to live in, you would guess that it can't be much. From Lex's investigation of the body he knows that there are no wounds other than the one bruise that seems to be from falling and he doesn't look any less healthy than other hive dwellers. There seems to be no natural reason for him to have died.

Remove ads