• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greetings fellow gamers

dreadgazebo

First Post
Hey everyone, I just wanted to stop by and make an introductory post as I've just recently become part of enworld. My name is Jerry and I run a 4e blog over at The Dread Gazebo I've just gotten back into D&D over the past year and a half or so and love being part of the community, so I wanted to make sure I introduce myself before I go spamming up your boards here ;)

I primarily run 4E but did used to play 2nd & 3.X back in highschool so I'm not completely green. I've been lurking around the forums for a bit now but have just decided to poke my head out and say hey. Also headed to gencon this year as both my first gencon and first con entirely, so maybe I'll get to meet some of you in person. Anyway - enough babbling for now, looking forward to becoming a regular around the forums. See ya 'round!

dreadgazebo

First Post
Do you prefer 4e to 2nd and 3rd?

Hey thanks for actually responding! To answer your question yes I do, because of the simplicity mainly, it's allowed me to get more people into RPG's because it's a bit less intimidating to start with I think. RPG's can be intimidating enough as is to some people before you even get into making their character sheet ane explaining the crunch to them.

I do like some aspects from previous versions better and attempt to houserule in as much as possible without over complicating things though.

Remove ads