• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greyhawk being dumped as the core setting in 3.5

Would you like to see Greyhawk be dumped as the 'default' setting in 3.5 ed.?

• Yes! Get rid of it! I hate it! Vive le Toril!

Votes: 69 22.0%
  • No! Keep it! I want to hug it, and pet it, and feed it and call it George!

Votes: 107 34.1%
  • I really don't give a flyin' frig what's done with it...

Votes: 138 43.9%

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Re: Re: Re: Re: Greyhawk being dumped as the core setting in 3.5

Sixchan said:
Just while we're at it...*ahem*...Isn't that a Violonchello?;)
Chello is the biggest internet service provider in Austria and has little to do with violins, as far as I know. :D

Also, unless you're talking about something different, it's violin, not "violon" like you wrote here, I believe. ;)

Sixchan

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Greyhawk being dumped as the core setting in 3.5

Darkness said:
Chello is the biggest internet service provider in Austria and has little to do with violins, as far as I know. :D

Also, unless you're talking about something different, it's violin, not "violon" like you wrote here, I believe. ;)

Nope. Do a search on Googol (;)) for violincello. It recommends violoncello. Also, my dictionary says so.:p

P.S. Howe lung hare whe gong too kep thise shpeeln mishtaycks hup?

dpdx

Explorer
Re: Re: Greyhawk being dumped as the core setting in 3.5

WizarDru said:
Just FYI, that's Viola! Don't look at me, it's not English.
Nope, that's Voila (French for "look [at] that!")! FYI, Viola is a smaller version of the violin: playing viola in an orchestra is sometimes considered rock bottom, as in, all the orchestra jokes are about the viola players.

Woohoo! Meta-correction XP for the King of Pelicans!

Now, what was the question? Replace Greyhawk as default for 3.5E? I answered "caring nurturer of Greyhawk," but on second thought, yes, I'd like to see a different setting as default for 3.5E, but my choice'll never happen: Kalamar.

Daiymo

First Post
Greyhawk? no. Realms No no.

Bring back Mystara/The Known World.

Ft Doom, Isle of Dread, Shadow Elves, the Hollow World, Immortals. Yea thats the ticket :)

It may be French, but it's also Italian, according to my Italian dictionary (and the Italian speakers I knew in Buenos Aires.) Anyway, this is a pedantic lame attempt at a joke that has long since lost any sense of comedic timing: I think Greyhawk should remain in the core books. The core books, not truly being generic, don't make much sense without the Greyhawk setting, at least to folks who haven't played D&D from earlier editions. The core races, classes and the way magic works are hardly generic fantasy, IMO.

Deedlit

First Post
I'd like to see it stay as the default setting, but I'd also like WotC to put out some material for it. It's an excellent setting, and just being the default setting shouldn't stop it from development.(Except for a little on the pantheon in Deities and Demigods, and of course the LGG)

jester47

First Post
Kill the flavor text except when using it for examples. I think the intro paragraph flavor text items cost somthing like 5 pages that could have been used to clarify riules.

Aaron.

Last edited:

Sanackranib

First Post
greyhawk

Dump it! Since I run in the SL I really don't care at all what happens to it. Sacred Cows are nothing more then food for the the masses - on the hoof.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads