• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greyhawk: Doomgrinder? Uh oh.

cthulhu_duck

First Post
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/lgmp/20071003a
Doomgrinder
Mysterious Places 10/03/2007
by Creighton Broadhurst

Few sites in the all the Flanaess conjure up in the minds of the populace such images of dread, foreboding, and fear as does Doomgrinder. Widely believed to be some kind of mystical or cosmic clock counting down the years to the Oerth’s destruction
After the Greyhawk Wars, the Doomgrinder’s uppermost sail was still two degrees away from its highest point. In 590 CY, however, an unnamed apprentice wizard drawn to investigate the site observed that the windmill’s sails had moved one degree closer to the vertical.

As a Greyhawk fan, I've got a bad feeling about this. It may be nothing... but why would the Doomgrinder's hands be advancing towards midnight?

danbuter1

First Post
Tehre was an adventure featuring the Doomgrinder in the early 90's. It was basically a mobile tower that destroyed anything in it's path.

JeffB

Legend
danbuter1 said:
Tehre was an adventure featuring the Doomgrinder in the early 90's. It was basically a mobile tower that destroyed anything in it's path.

Late 90s actually..during the GH "re-birth".

It was a pretty bad module. As were most of those "rebirth" modules (though I loved the PG and TAB)

grodog

Hero
JeffB said:
It was a pretty bad module. As were most of those "rebirth" modules (though I loved the PG and TAB)

I like Star Cairns and Return of the Eight, although Doomgrinder isn't really my cuppa'.

Remove ads