GreyHawk: Scarlet Brotherhood?

qstor

Adventurer
Slavers and Greyhawk the Adventure Beings (both 2e) are good too. If you're running a campaign around the time of the LGG you can adapt the material on the Domain of Greyhawk in FtA and use Slavers for a long running campaign in the area with lots to go on from Greyhawk City to the Pomarj.

Slavers brings the old modules up to the CY591 date of the LGG and Rodger Moores Greyhawk: the Adventure Begins.
The conversions of the 1e modules are in the EN World conversion library. Slavers touches a little bit on the old modules but to use those you'll need the original modules.

Try Paizo too for the back issue of the Living Greyhawk Journal with the map of Greyhawk city in it. The map is pretty good and ties in to the locations in GtAB.

Mike

yennico

First Post
qstor said:
Try Paizo too for the back issue of the Living Greyhawk Journal with the map of Greyhawk city in it. The map is pretty good and ties in to the locations in GtAB.
The map is in the Living Greyhawk Journal Issue #2 but the other issues also contain information for the city Greyhawk.

You can find some smaller maps of the city and further information about the information in the LGJs here.

Sunderstone

First Post
DL, I would definately recommend Roger Moore's Greyhawk: The Adventure Begins as well.
As you may remember from the Necro Boards, I was looking for a lower magic setting than the Forgotten Realms. I am kicking off a Return to Greyhawk campaign a week from today. :)

I DL'ed the pdf for Greyhawk: The Adventure Begins last week, excellent sourcebook, lots of history and Information and a fully detailed City of Greyhawk. Dungeon magazine has had some incredible GH adventures as of late.

On an old note as well, I dug out all of my old GH modules. Most of which were first editions, some were 2nd Edition "Return To..." stuff. Slavers is definately the best of them from an accessory aspect. Loads of information on the area around Wooly Bay.

Henry said:
*Henry appears in shaolin robes, long moustache flopping, mouth moving out of sync*

My kung-fu is strong

*sweeping hand gesture*

yours is weak.

*throws head back and laughs heartily*

ha-ha!

*leaps away*

Why does this remind me of a scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark?

All we need is a *BANG* at the end ...

dpmcalister

Explorer
I'd give the official Living Greyhawk website for Onnwal a visit - http://www.onnwal.org.uk/ The Scarlet Brotherhood feature heavily in that regions current plots. There's also a free Onnwal Gazetteer available (I think from the Living Greyhawk - Onnwal mailing list - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/living-onnwal/ ) that's worth downloading.

I'd also recommend taking part in the Living campaign if you can (Onnwal is the UK region for Living Greyhawk) and, from the hints and teasers they've just released the Brotherhood will feature heavily this year...

Testament

First Post
dpmcalister said:
I'd also recommend taking part in the Living campaign if you can (Onnwal is the UK region for Living Greyhawk) and, from the hints and teasers they've just released the Brotherhood will feature heavily this year...

DAMN STRAIGHT! I had the chance to play an Onwaal scenario in a fiesta slot at Spring Revel Downunder last year, you guys have made an excellent region over there. Almost as good as ours. Maybe its the isolation that forces Australia and the UK to develop regional plot lines so heavily (after all, your nearest LGing neighbours speak French), our main story took up nearly half of our mods for the first three years.

Any of the regional websites are good for info on them, and their meta-orgs can give you an idea of what life's like in the region.

www.nyrond.org for the Kingdom of Nyrond, and their massive links section. (I too refuse to acknowledge the coup debacle. Way to ignore PC actions guys!)
perrenland.lythia.com for Perrenland (good place to put players. After all, our main export down/up here is Mercenaries!)
www.theocracyofthepale.com for the slightly distrubing Theocracy of the Pale.

There's loads more out there.

And if you want another great source of Greyhawk info, you can't beat Canonfire, no matter how hard you try.

Oh, and Dragon mag had regional feats for GH, I think it was issues 317 and 319? They'll be up at Paizo eventually for the benefit of LG players.

Algolei

Explorer
Testament said:
Oh, and Dragon mag had regional feats for GH, I think it was issues 317 and 319? They'll be up at Paizo eventually for the benefit of LG players.
It was 315 and 319. I know because my whatsit expired with #315.

Remove ads