GREYHAWK, THE GOLDEN ERA CY963: CHAPTER THREE

Diarmadhim

Explorer
While first in the room, I am wearing my normal, everyday attire. After exiting the room and coming back in, I seem to be wearing my armor again. "Zoom to 45 feet away from her. Since I don't wear mundane armor anymore, I can move farther than I used to be able to. Would anyone prefer we be further away? I'm good with up to 60 feet."

Dewydd in Common Clothing.jpgDewydd Moresby.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir sighs -

"Ah yes, like a person who cannot swim who decides to jump from a cliff into the ocean during a storm, fighting a powerful demon might as well be my end."

Lathir will follow Dewydd into the mirror.

OOC: Initiative = 1d20+1 = 16 + 1 = 17

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
Let me explain how this will work.

1. The woman ("demon") will have a chance to notice the sensor. The stupefied Orcs will not.

2. All party members who want to go through the mirror will go through at the same time, and appear in a cluster around the zoom-in point.

3. If the woman notices the sensor, it will then be an initiative roll, for a normal round of combat, with the Orcs going last, being automatically surprised.

4. If the woman does NOT notice the sensor, the party will roll initiative among themselves, and all enemies will go last, being surprised.

5. If the woman is surprised, anyone wanting to charge her will have a +2 to hit, above and in-addition-to the bonus from charge; this bonus will be negated if she notices the sensor.

6. Vega says that this mirror is extremely powerful; she says that normal mirrors of its kind work like the Teleport spell, meaning that on the round you appear, you cannot act; this mirror allows the user(s) to act immediately.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Noticing that his Naginata will not fit through the mirror on his back he puts the arrow back in its quiver and holds the bow in one had and his Naginata in the other. Ready to follow Dewyyd through the portal. 45 feet might be better, it will give us more offensive options.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Vale & Respen React

Vale:

~ I suppose we shall see a fight sooner than we planned. Clearly Dewydd and the Bard believe that jumping into the fray straight away gives them the benefit of surprise. They may be right. ~

Suited up in his armor, Vale eyes the scene through the portal for advantage and strategy. He brandishes the mace of disruption in his strong hand and the axe in his weak hand. He eyes Vega and thinks ahead. Before jumping through the portal, he will pray a quick prayer, summoning all of his martial and divine strength.

However, a plan forms quickly in his mind.

"Dewydd, let's watch for the briefest of moments. You get one chance to make this work, if indeed this is the thing Laramon spoke of. Vega, if you have power over this device, and it does what you and Respen suggest, be prepared to pull us back in and out. It might allow us to hit and run the female if the initial charge doesn't work. Respen, tend to the hobbit. He's going to get himself killed where he is right now. "

Vale readies his Silence spell, and he sheaths the Axe, opting instead for a smoke-stick.

"Vega, when we go through, I am going to cast a spell to suck the sound out of the area around the she-demon and the orcs. As soon as I do it, I am dropping the smokestick as a marker for the portal. Dewydd, Lathir, Sylver, Respen, if you need to come back through, run for the smokestick. It will obscure the portal as well as any retreat. "

Respen:

~ The Halfling is in a bit of trouble, though I wonder if he realizes yet...those runes.... !!!!~

"Wait!!! Those runes are an alarm. Vega, put the focus on the halfling. Get close. Less than arm's length. As soon as I grab him, pull back enough that the thing can't detect the portal. "

OOC: Assuming Vega acts deftly enough, Respen reaches through the portal with his strong arm, grabs the halfling by the back of his cloak and yanks him back into the portal.

Recovering quickly, Respen calmly gives the halfling room, "Alas do not fear! You were close to their alarm runes on the trees. I only meant to pull you out of harm's way. We are attacking them inside their protective runes. If you wish to join us, come quickly and follow us back. We will land mere feet from where you were. "

Respen grins, then dons his hat of disguise, and changes his visage to a cloaked Margull while preparing to cast Shock and Awe (swift action, up to 7 creatures) upon immediately going through the portal. "Vale, wait to cast your spell until an instant after mine. I intend to give Dewydd the opportunity to charge these things."

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir prepares "Flame Strike" for stepping through. His intention is to cast it upon the orcs as soon as he arrives.

Waynan

Adventurer
"Alas do not fear! You were close to their alarm runes on the trees. I only meant to pull you out of harm's way. We are attacking them inside their protective runes. If you wish to join us, come quickly and follow us back. We will land mere feet from where you were. "

Tam-Tam looks up at the one who grabbed him and brought him to this strange place so suddenly.

He tries to form a response, but feels he needs to get ready and just nods his head in an affirmation to join in.

Tam-Tam grabs his finely crafted rapier from its scabbard. It briefly glints a dweomer that only the truly discerning eye can capture between blinks.

He squeaks out: OK. I'm ready.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:

Ok, guys, we're real close on this one, but I need until Monday to respond; I'm currently trying to meet a deadline at work (today, in fact) and I'm going to be really busy today. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.

Have a great weekend!

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
Base Will Save + +7
Penalty for likeness displayed in mirror: =2
DC to notice sensor: 15
Will save: 1d20+5 = 15 (Success)
The woman notices the sensor at the last moment!

GM:
The Orcs are surprised. They go last in the round. (Initiative: 1)

Everyone else needs to roll initiative, and post the results in the Facebook Chat Channel, and I will tally the results here.

The tree with the X on it is where Tam had been originally hiding. It also happens to be a great place to start, since it has a good overview of the area; therefore, Vega chooses it as your "port in" point.

Initiative Chart For Battle:

Tam: 23
Respen: 20
Dewydd: 19
Vega: 18
Lathir: 17
Sylvar: 16
Woman: 10
Vale: 9
Orcs: 1

00 - Skorane Map 001c.jpg

Last edited:

Waynan

Adventurer
Tam-Tam rolls a natural 20 for initiative, +3 = 23 total.

OOC: How is movement determined on these squares? Are diagonal moves allowed? If you are next to an opponents/monsters square, can you then attack?

GM:
Each square is 5 feet.
Diagonal movement = alternating movement cost, 5 then 10. So, for example:

1 square diagonal = 5 feet movement cost (+5)
2 = 15 feet (+10)
3 = 20 feet (+5)
4 = 30 feet (+10)
etc.

Yes, you can attack adjacent foes. If you move through a threatened square, the opponent receives an attack of opportunity.

For further details, see 3.5 PHB, pp. 147, under the heading TACTICAL MOVEMENT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads