• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Grim Tales) Ride of the Winter King (Sequel to The Blood Alter of Wodan)

Old One

First Post
All,

I will posting the Pre-Gens character sheets later this week, but here is the line-up (please note that Brother Temerius is already taken, but all others are open...please let me know if you have a preference):

Artorius (Strong 1/Charismatic 6/Fast 1/Mythic Hero 8): Romano-British warlord sworn to drive the enemies of the British into the sea

Bronwyn (Smart 5/Fast 3/Mythic Trickster 8): Spy, harlot and one-time lover of Artorius. One of his most trusted agents.

Brother Temerius (Smart 1/Dedicated 7/Mythic Oracle 8): Christian Priest in the service of the British. Educated in Constantinople.

Cai the Huntsman (Tough 5/Fast 3/Mythic Mentor 8): A grizzled veteran of hunt and war. Artorius's Master of Hounds.

Leudonus of Gaul (Strong 8/Mythic Shadow 8): A deadly warrior sworn to aid Artorius in his quests. Knows few equals in mounted combat.

Myrdwyn of the Old Way (Smart 8/Mythic Maiden 8): A seeress who follows the old Druidic ways. A recent addition to Artorius's band and somewhat of an enigma.

Othic (Strong 1/Tough 7/Mythic Fated 8): A huge Saxon lad spared by Artorius some years ago and now pledged to the warlord's service. He bears the Red Dragon banner.

More to follow soon!

~ OO

Cassander

First Post
I was searching for info on Mythic Heroes and stumbled upon the thread for Blood Alter of Wodan... I assume the characters will be pretty similar to that?

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=162036

I think I might like to try Artorius, though from what I've read of Mythic Heroes I'll have to watch out for Leudonus snatching my action points since he's the shadow.

Fraisala said:
I'd like to play Myrdwyn, but I'm a complete GT n00b. Is that going to be an issue?

Nah, it's really easy.

Basically you need to make aa d20+caster level vs. DC10+Spell Level to cast ths spell. Then you roll a die (usually d6) subtract your attribute modifier (Int, Wis, or Cha, dependng) and take the result as damage. A natural '1' always counts, though, regardless of your stat.

By the book you take it as Str damage, but OO said it would be non-lethal HP damage for this scenario. (He might want to reconsider that, though -- we'll have a hell of a lot of hit points.)

The spells you know will be determing by the DM; the effective spell level is either your caster level or the spell level, whichever is higher.

Fraisala

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Nah, it's really easy.

Basically you need to make aa d20+caster level vs. DC10+Spell Level to cast ths spell. Then you roll a die (usually d6) subtract your attribute modifier (Int, Wis, or Cha, dependng) and take the result as damage. A natural '1' always counts, though, regardless of your stat.

By the book you take it as Str damage, but OO said it would be non-lethal HP damage for this scenario. (He might want to reconsider that, though -- we'll have a hell of a lot of hit points.)

The spells you know will be determing by the DM; the effective spell level is either your caster level or the spell level, whichever is higher.

Well, that sounds pretty doable :) As for the subdual damage rule, I smell a rough boss fight ahead ;)

Fraisala

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
So long as there are no innocuous-looking bodies of water, I'm not worried.

In Brittan? Near the solstice? Around the period of the Saxon invasion? I think any body of standing water would look at least a little nocuous, else it be not a water body as much as a chunk of ice

Fraisala said:
In Brittan? Near the solstice? Around the period of the Saxon invasion? I think any body of standing water would look at least a little nocuous, else it be not a water body as much as a chunk of ice

Sure, you can laugh. You never faced The Pond of Doom. Brother T's been there, done that, got the T-shirt :eek:

Remove ads