[GRIM TALES] Warhammer 'Chronicles of the Witch Hunter'

Bobitron

Explorer
Flushed with success after killing the wolf, Gunther spins and charges the wolves near Seif. "Press the attack! We'll have these dogs turning tail in no time!"

OOC: Welcome back, Karl. Could you please roll my attacks? Thanks.

Krug

Newshound
"My turn!" Grimmor says after being struck by the goblin. He swings at the wolf and cleaves the wolf and goblin in two. Grimmor continues his attack on the nearest wolf, or if another goblin riding a wolf comes into range (5' step if necessary), he will strike at the goblin then cleave into the wolf.

Attack roll: 16+8=24 Damage: 11+7=18
Attack roll: 8+8=16 Damage: 1+7=8

scranford

Explorer
Seif-al-Din (Sword of the faith)

Guess I'd better hold onto a few action points at this time since I've already spent a few. I'll just do the normal damage this time.

Turanil

First Post
Johannes von Tritheim - Smart 4th (current hp: 15 of 18)

Karl Green said:
Johannes finally gets a good look at the warboss Goblin shouting orders at the back of the group. He carefully lines up his shot…
Johannes aims this round (next round get +1 to attack, if bracing +2, can also spend action point if you want but you don't have to until after you roll)
Johannes carefully aims and braces his pistol, intending to shoot the goblin warboss "in the head". [OOC: next round attack roll: 14+3+2=19 (seems no need spend action point, so I don't); damage= 7]

Karl Green

First Post
Update from last round, Seif does 8 points of damage to the wolf, wounding it but not dropping it

The desperate battle in the caves continue, as Johannes lines up his shot and “KA-BOOM” firers off a shot that strikes the Goblin warboss’s shoulder, causing him to pull back hard on his wolves reins to stay in the saddle, but he does not fall.

Snarling, the leader points at the ex-academic and snarls in Goblin “Gott snarl sma GROTHA, ritta Mag moa!!!”…
Spoiler for those who speak Goblin [sblock] “Kill dem all boyos, they mighty rich they is!!!”[/sblock]
…and points at Johannes. Two of the riders fire arrows at him, one grazing his left arm, while one rides shoots at Grimmor but it bonuses off his helmet and it totally ignored by the dwarf. The riderless wolf bites Grimmor on the left leg, but the stubborn dwarf does not even come close to falling over.
The last rider advances on Gunther, rider and mount both attacking the man, but they both miss him as the other goblin flees back 20 feet and pulls out a javelin.
The wolves on Seif seem to get into each others way and fail to he the nomad, while one of the goblins, fear in his eyes, scores a glancing blow off his arm… the blow could have been far more terrible if it were not for the creature obvious fear.
The wolf on Rat rushes her and bites her again but fails to drag her down.
Grimmor shouts in joy and cuts deeply into the lone wolf on him, not enough to kill it
Gunther stabs the wolf the advanced on him, cutting it deeply and causing it to whelp but not fall.
Rat moved back farther into the cave and shot the wolf attack her again, wounding it, but failing to kill it. Its hungry growl announcing it is not through with her yet…

initiatives and the order is Johannes, Goblins & Wolves, Grimmor, Seif, Gunther, and Rat
Johannes attack hits, wounding warboss
Attack rolls vs. Johannes by bow-wielding goblins, attack rolls 19 and 5, one hit, one miss. Damage 3 (does Johannes wear armor? I can’t remember :() points.
One bow-goblin on Grimmor attack roll 15-4 (firing into melee) miss.
Wolf bites Grimmor, attack roll 24 hit, Damage is 7 (-3DR) =4 points. Auto-Trip of natural 1! Vs. Grimmor roll of 2 +3, Grimmor stays on his feet!
Wolf and rider advance on Gunther, both attacking (not charge) attack roll for wolf is 8, and goblin is 6! (d’oh)
The goblin on the ground retreats from Gunter and moves back to his allies, reading a weapon
The wolves on Seif attack (first un- demoralize one) attack roll 11, miss. Demoralized wolf and two goblins, attack roll totals, wolf is 10 miss, Goblin one 13 miss, Goblin two natural 20!! Hit! Giving Seif and action point to confirm crit, damage is 4 (-2DR) =2 points.
The wolf on Rat rushes at her and bites at her again, attack total 17 a hit, Damage is 5 (-1DR) =4 points. Trip attack roll ARG natural 1 again, vs. Rat’s 5 +2 strength, she remains standing.
Grimmor’s attack wounds the wolf, not killing it outright but enough for it to make MDT save, getting a 21 makes it.
Seif, attacking the wounded wolf again, gets a 8+8=16 hit, 10% to miss rolling 36%, hitting the wolf for 6+6=12 points of damage, killing it! Goblin ride check 8, fail
Gunther stabs at the new threat, attack roll 9+6=15 hit, 10% to miss, rolling 51% the wolf for 8+2 =10 points of damage.
Rat takes another 5ft step back (now near Johannes) and fires at the wolf again, getting a 9+5=14 hit, 10% to miss, rolling a 14%, hit. Damage is 5+2=7 points! Its still alive though!
Actions and new map…

Attachments

• cave3.JPG
    cave3.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 52

Bobitron

Explorer
Gunther stabs his longsword into the advancing wolf's flank, scoring a deep hit on the lupine. With a yell of victory, he raises his sword for another strike.

"Mallory! Johannes! Are you well? Can you handle that one on your own?"

scranford

Explorer
Seif-al-Din (Sword of the faith)

If the other wolf was within range when Seif killed the first one he would have continued with a cleave attack on the second, or the goblin rider. Seif will continue to use intimidate, and strike out at any enemies nearby. When he has dispatched all of them he will charge any remaining combatants, especially if he can set up a flanking position along with the charge.

Krug

Newshound
Screaming in rage, Grimmor strikes at the wolf again that's next to him if it is alive. "My turn to take a bite!" If the wolf is dead, he will strike at the Wolf next to Gunther, cleaving the goblin if he manages to kill the wolf. Else he will go help out Seif.

Attack roll: 8+8=16 Damage: 9+7=16
Attack roll: 11+8=19 Damage: 4+7=11

Turanil

First Post
Johannes von Tritheim - Smart 4th (current hp: 12 of 18)

Gunther said:
"Mallory! Johannes! Are you well? Can you handle that one on your own?"
- "Aaaahrgh! I am wounded Gunther! Must reload my gun... Soon dead me!... Don't want the chambermaid unpunished..."

Johannes immediately proceeds to reload his pistol, spending next round doing so. [OOC: Johannes has no armor and just a dagger plus his pistol...]

Bobitron

Explorer
Turanil said:
- "Aaaahrgh! I am wounded Gunther! Must reload my gun... Soon dead me!... Don't want the chambermaid unpunished..."

"I'm coming, Johannes! Just stay safe for a moment more!"

OOC: Gunther will rush to Johannes as soon as his attack is done, dead wolf or not.

Remove ads