[GRIM TALES] Warhammer 'Chronicles of the Witch Hunter'

Radiant

First Post
Rat

Bobitron said:
Gunther wakes up the sleeping Grimmor and Rat with a gentle shake. "Looks like we are due some company.", he said grimly.

Gunther moves into a postion where he can cover the cave entrance with his pistols. "Mallory, we are going to count on your bow to thin out the gobbos before they get to Grimmor and me."

"You got it."
Smiling cruely Rat draws an arrow. She positions herself right in front of her compantions to get clear shots and will fall back the moment their opoonents get closer.

scranford

Explorer
Seif-al-Din (Sword of the faith)

Seif moves behind the bushes about B-3. He will wait till the wolves/goblins get parallel then throw his spear, followed by a charge to the closest enemy. He will then attempt to flank any opponents using his sword.

Krug

Newshound
Grimmor will try to start a fire behind him. "The wolves will fear fire," says the dwarf. Grimmor waits at row H as well, getting ready to throw his flask of oil before tearing into them with Gnasher. He will try to form a crude torch to light the oil after impact next to him.

"Clog up the way with the corpses," snarls Grimmor, eager for the battle to come. His eyes blaze with fury and battle lust. There is no need to fear death if it is in a battle, as he coughs up a glob of saliva and blood.

Last edited:

Turanil

First Post
Johannes von Tritheim - Smart 4th (current hp: 15 of 18)

Johannes goes to the deep end of the cavern (behind everyone else) and tries to hide, keeping his pistol in one hand, and his dagger in the other, ready.[OOC: rolls a Hide check: 8+0=8]

"I am cursed! I did cast this spell for nothing!"

Karl Green

First Post
the Barren Hills, May 17th, night

The party moves to meet the goblins and riders, Grimmor starting a quick fire with oil and holding another vial in hand. The howls and cursing of the Goblins and their mounts increases and soon enough, their shadowy forms appear, their eyes reflecting evily in the fire-light…

Surprise round, partial action only, as the goblins appear, those who had initiative higher then the goblins act first (assume goblins/wolves are flat-footed) etc. But only person who acts before them is Johannes, so not sure what he is doing, besides hiding :)
Attack rolls & actions? Remember only a partial action in the first round but if you want to post what you are doing the next round you may also.
I already rolled your initiatives and the order is Johannes, Goblins & Wolves, Grimmor, Seif, Gunther, and Rat
NOTE that I put Seif a bit farther back then he said, only cause with the darkness of night he could not see very much at B3, even with the fire behind him.
The goblins have acted this round, and are not flat-footed (except vs. Johannes), there more behind the ones shown on the map but those have cover from the ones in front of them are in the darkness (only Grimmor can make some of them out).
Again if you would like me to make your rolls for you, post what your bonus is so I make sure I get it right (attack bonus, damage, etc)

NOTE I can’t add attachments, not a member, just a cheap… guy… sorry, best I can do…

Map Key
G – Grimmor
J – Johannes
R – Rat
S – Seif
U –Gunther
W – Goblins on Wolves
B – Warboss Goblin on big Wolf
+ -5ft square
# -brush/trees
| / \ - Cave wall types
XXX - where the horses are

Code:
 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
a# # + W + W + + W #
b# # # + W + W + W +
c\ # + + + + + W + /
d+ \ S + + + + + | +
e+ | + + + + + + | +
f+ | + + + + + + \ +
g+ + \ + + + + + + |
h+ + | + U G + + / +
i+ / + + + + + + | +
j+ | + + + + + R | +
k+ | + + + + + / + +
l+ | + + + + + | + +
m+ \ + + + + J / + +
n+ + \ X X X / + + +

scranford

Explorer
Seif-al-Din (Sword of the faith)

"By the might of Bez-Moshar, I send you back to the darkness from which you come"Seif with a mighty yell (Intimidate +8) throws his spear at the first goblin to appear, then picks up his sword from where he had it stuck in the ground, and prepares for attack. Spear +5, Tulwar +8. (*His tactics will be to place his self in the best position to allow himself to use cleave, but try to keep himself out of being flanked. If an opportunity arrises to engae the boss goblin Seif will take it. If things get really rough I will spend an action point to rage*)

Bobitron

Explorer
Gunther waves his sword menacingly at the goblins, daring them to come forward. "Where's that big ugly one we saw? He looked the only one that could fight to save his life!", he yelled out, hoping to taunt the leader into charging the group.

OOC: : Attack with the pistol (+3 attack, Damage: 2d6, critical: 20/x3) once, then with his longsword (+6 attack damage 1d8+4, 19-20/x2). If you can roll, I'd appreciate it.

Nice to have you back, Karl :D

Krug

Newshound
"Have a coat of fire!" Grimmor yells, as he throws his flask of oil at the Wolf at C8. He will then pick up a torch next to him to throw next round.

OOC: : Attack roll: 14 +3(BAB)+1(Dex) -1 (range) =17

Turanil

First Post
Johannes von Tritheim - Smart 4th (current hp: 15 of 18)

[OOC: I cannot see anything in "code" format, my browser doesn't allow it. So I can only guess that Johannes is in the deep end of the cavern behind everyone else.]

Johannes doesn't see much things here in the dark. With all of his companion in front of him, he can even less try to shoot with his pistol. He just wait ready to defend himself with either his pistol or dagger if need be. However, he hopes that his companions will be able to kill the goblins and the wolves quickly...

Karl Green

First Post
(occ ok not sure if this is going to looks right BUT did a small paint file, attached it to this post, so lets see what happens :) /occ)

Grimmor hits one of the wolves and riders with oil, splashing them both. A spear from Seif misses the wolf as it appears in the firelight, while a KRACK, musket fires from Gunther's pistol hits one of the wolves in the flank causing it to yip but it does not fall. An arrow from Rat's strikes one of the goblin riders, catching him in the neck and causing him to squeal and fall off the back of the wolf dead.

While Johannes continue to hide, the wolf races forward to bite and attack the party! Two rush Seif but they get into each others way and foal their attacks. Two wolves rush Grimmor, one biting the dwarf's flank, but the other misses. The wounded wolf charges Gunther, biting him on the arm and trying to drag him down but doesn't. The rest of the wolves advance into the cave, and the larger Warboss stays in the back, ordering his troops forward laughing and cursing in his foal tongue. Two goblins with bows fire at Rat, one striking weakly again his shoulder armor but bouncing off.

Grimmor growls and hits the oil splashed wolf with a torch, causing a burst of fire to momentary flash over it's hide and it scream in panic, causing the goblin to fall off its back. Seif cries out and slashes one of the wolves deeply and causing it to jump back, but not fall. Gunther slashes the wounded wolf again, slashing it again but it does not fall. Rat fires at one of the bow-wielding goblins, striking it in the chest and it falls over onto the dirt dead.

initiatives and the order is Johannes, Goblins & Wolves, Grimmor, Seif, Gunther, and Rat
Grimmor oil hit. Seif Attack roll, Spear attack roll 8+5=13, miss. Gunther fires at wolf 5b, attack roll 14+3=17, hit. 10% chance to miss,17 hit. Damage is 8 points Rat fires at Goblin on wolf attack roll 16+5=21, hit. 10% chance to miss from the dark, 92%, hit. Damage is 7 points.
Round 1, Johannes readies for any goblins that break through the line. Wolf charges Seif biting at him, attack roll total 11+2=13 miss, another wolf moves in but cannot charge, attack roll 16, miss! Wolf hit with oil charges Grimmor biting at him, attack roll 25, hit. Damage is 7 (-3DR=4) points (total 12 points down total). Also free Trip attack, total 14 vs. Grimmor 12+3=16, still standing. The riderless Wolf also rushes to attack Grimmor but no charge, attack roll 16, miss! Wounded wolf charges Gunther, attack roll 21+2=23, hit. Damage is 8 points (-2DR=6 pts). Trip attack 14 vs. Gunther 13+2=15, still standing. Goblin Warboss yells orders, while two goblin riders fire bows at Rat, attack roll 20 hit, second attack 7, miss. Damage is 2 points.
Grimmor tries to hit wolf slashed with oil, attack roll 6+7=13, touch attack, hit. Wolf catches fire, damage 6 points, moral check, natural 1, wolf flees (next round), riderless wolf near by, moral 16, sticking around. Goblin ride check 5, nope. Seif slashes at wolf that charged, attack roll 9+8=17, hit. Damage is 10 points. Gunther slashes at wounded wolf, attack roll 18+6=24, hit. Damage is 8 points. Rat fires arrow at goblin who shot her, attack roll 14+5=19, hit. Damage is 8 points.
Actions next round?

Tomorrow I will try an Paint version of this for Turian and others :)

Map Key
G – Grimmor
J – Johannes
R – Rat
S – Seif
U –Gunther
W – Goblins on Wolves
w - wolf only
g - goblin only
B – Warboss Goblin on big Wolf
+ -5ft square
# -brush/trees