[GRIM TALES] Warhammer 'Chronicles of the Witch Hunter'

Radiant

First Post
Rat

Karl Green said:
Assuming Rat agrees, she sneaks back and tries to observe the mob some more
Hide check 15+2=17. Spot check 14+9=24

She returns in less then an hour, reporting there one of the goblins is much larger then the rest. It was around 5ft tall and was wearing a Kislev-style fur hat, and a human sized scimitar on its back. About half the riders bear black bows, and all are armed with scimitars and short spears. The wolves are the large Grey wolves much larger then normal timber wolves. The wolf the larger goblin is riding is almost the size of Grimmor's pony. So far they are unaware of the party.

Rat also identifies a number of good defensive spots, or narrow gulches that the party could use if need be.
Survival check 18+12=30

By the end of the day, there are still no sigh of the goblins (or the stone) BUT the howling of wolves begins as the near full moon rises as the sun is setting. Rat again finds a fairly defensive camp site…

Wolves and bows, my day just gets better and better. What's next? "
Scouting back and reporting her finds Rat again strongly urges against a fight.
"That fat goblin alone is probably pretty dangerous, gota be if he can control a mob like that. Not to mention those wolves are awfully big."

Bobitron

Explorer
Radiant said:
Wolves and bows, my day just gets better and better. What's next? "
Scouting back and reporting her finds Rat again strongly urges against a fight.
"That fat goblin alone is probably pretty dangerous, gota be if he can control a mob like that. Not to mention those wolves are awfully big."

Gunther nods his agreement. "Let's get settled for the night, but I think we should take two man... er... two person watches.", He says nodding respectfully at Rat and Grimmor. "No fire tonight, my friends. Best not to attract unwanted attention. If we are fortunate, perhaps they will ride right past. Let's use one of those narrow spots you found, Mallory. We would do well to limit the amount of gobbos that can attack at once, if they do find us. Hopefully the gulch will cut down the number of bows that can be trained on us at one time."

Krug

Newshound
Grimmor nods. "Find us a cave Rat. And lay some traps there. Wolves in caves are like rats down a pipe. My axe, fortunately, has no such problems!" the dwarf says, who actually wouldn't a fight as long as he could battle to the death.

Radiant

First Post
Rat

Bobitron said:
Gunther nods his agreement. "Let's get settled for the night, but I think we should take two man... er... two person watches.", He says nodding respectfully at Rat and Grimmor. "No fire tonight, my friends. Best not to attract unwanted attention. If we are fortunate, perhaps they will ride right past. Let's use one of those narrow spots you found, Mallory. We would do well to limit the amount of gobbos that can attack at once, if they do find us. Hopefully the gulch will cut down the number of bows that can be trained on us at one time."

"Ah and here I hoped you men would take all the watches."
Rat is allready running of again, this time searching for best possible place for the group to hide.

Grimmor said:
Grimmor nods. "Find us a cave Rat. And lay some traps there. Wolves in caves are like rats down a pipe. My axe, fortunately, has no such problems!" the dwarf says, who actually wouldn't a fight as long as he could battle to the death.

"Sure, the dwarf wants a cave. Now here's a surprise."
She's gone again before anyone had a chance to tell her more.
"A bloody cave he wants, a cave he gets. As long as it keeps the arrows of I'm all for it. Shootin' just ain't fair."

Karl Green

First Post
the Barren Hills, May 17th, dusk

no posts from Turanil/Johannes for a while, so his healing checks for Grimmor, 17+8, and 9+8, both succeed, so Grimmor is down 12 hit points

Before the light of the day completely dies, Rat searches out the nearby hills for a large enough cave for the party and their horses…
Survival 13+12=25, barely
…and just as the sunsets, she comes upon one that should work. A large cave, that the horses can be placed in the back.

Settling down, the party double their normal watches, (occ again unless anyone disagrees, just to move it along Grimmor and Rat first, Gunther, Seif and Johannes on the second.

The night passes somewhat uneventfully, although strange animal noises can be heard, along with the low howl of wolves... until two hours before sun rise, when the sounds of the wolves start getting closer and more excited. With 15 minutes or so, the three on watch can tell they are coming this way, and soon the sounds of goblin cursing and jeering can be heard - they are less then a mile away… (Grimmor and Rat are still asleep)

Bobitron

Explorer
Gunther wakes up the sleeping Grimmor and Rat with a gentle shake. "Looks like we are due some company.", he said grimly.

Gunther moves into a postion where he can cover the cave entrance with his pistols. "Mallory, we are going to count on your bow to thin out the gobbos before they get to Grimmor and me."

Turanil

First Post
Johannes von Tritheim - Smart 4th (current hp: 15 of 18)

Johannes really feels uneasy, almost hopeless. Right now his academic knowledge is insufficient to help him do whatever useful in this quest. So, just to not feel completely useless, he decides to cast an Alarm spell for the night. [OOC: casts Alarm spell. Caster level check of 15+4=19; spellburn: 6 and 3, so 3 points of non-lethal damage.]

"Okay, if another nasty abomination tries to attack us this night, we shouldn't be taken by surprise..."

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
To give you a basic idea of the cave… see below. The 'roof' of the cave starts in row e, so before that you could climb up onto the above the cave wall, etc. Where might the players be? The goblin and wolf calls start to get louder…

+ -5ft square
# -brush/trees
| / \ - Cave wall types
XXX - where the horses are

Code:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
a# # + + + + + + + #
b# # # + + + + + + +
c\ # + + + + + + + /
d+ \ + + + + + + | +
e+ | + + + + + + | +
f+ | + + + + + + \ +
g+ + \ + + + + + + |
h+ + | + + + + + / +
i+ / + + + + + + | +
j+ | + + + + + + | +
k+ | + + + + + / + +
l+ | + + + + + | + +
m+ \ + + + + + / + +
n+ + \ X X X / + + +

Bobitron

Explorer
OOC:
Gunther's in the H row, maybe at H5 or H6. He will open up with pistols first, then use his longsword.

Edit: BTW, Karl, can we use a basic Paint drawing or something rather than the grid thing next time? Everyone could just mark their postions and upload it again, right? As long as it is small/simple, it would be a pretty tiny file.

Last edited:

Remove ads