• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gross Fell: The dragon's lair

Thordain

First Post
Ooc: Thoart, the creatures don't appear to be fading in and out per say. Rather, they are unusually dark and seem to blend into the shadows at all times, making it possible to simply miss them from concealment.

tburdett

Explorer
(OOC: With that in mind I will change my action to the following.)

Thoart will shift into Dire Wolf form and cast green faerie fire into I 3, catching Taklinn and the two enemy creatures in the area of effect.

He will bark at Twolegsfriend, his wolf companion, to attack after the spell goes off. Twolegsfriend will 5' adjust into J-K 4 and J-K 5 and then attack the creature in J 3.

Last edited:

Thordain

First Post
Thoart: You cast faerie fire, and the creatures are illuminated with a faint glowing light. The creature itself is still very hard to make out, but everyone can clearly see a glowing outline now, despite the shadowy inside. Twolegsfriend snarls and attacks the severly wounded creature, but misses. (ooc: Nice thinking there tburdett!)

Twolegsfriend attack roll: 1, natural miss

Davik: You continue to run, and hit the same wall that Lorenz did for 2 subdual damage. You continue to run in a random direction, panicked.

Round 3

Creatures: The uninjured creature steps to flank Taklinn at H3, and attacks him with a growl. This time, it is successful, and bites Taklinn for 8 damage! It shakes its head and attempts to pull the dwarf to the ground. Taklinn stands his ground and resists the trip attempt.

Taklinn opposed strength check: 18 + 3 = 21, success

The second creature turns to Taklinn and attemps to bite him as well, but it misses. It then steps to I2, where its companion was.

Status
Taklinn: 8 damage
Davik: panicked
Lorenz: panicked

Initiative
Creatures
Lorenz
Thoart
Taklinn
Davik

Actions?

scene19.jpg

tburdett

Explorer
(OOC: Thanks! Faerie fire is an amazingly useful utility spell.)

Thoart gestures towards one of the creatures and Twolegsfriend moves and attacks it.

(TLF will 5' adjust to I4 and attack the creature in H3.)

Thoart, in dire wolf form, then moves forward to prevent Taklinn from being flanked, and makes a bite attack.

(Thoart will move 15' from L4 through K4 and into J4. He then makes an attack against the creature in I2.)

tburdett

Explorer
(OOC: To speed things up a bit I will give my actions for an extended period of time.)

Thoart and Twolegsfriend will continue fighting the creatures until they are dead. If any party member drops below @50% of his hit points, Thoart will use his next action to pull out the CLW wand and use it until the party member is back to at least @75% of his hit points, and then return to fighting. Thoart and Twolegsfriend will stay within 5' of each other at all times to keep the Share Spell link going.

tburdett

Explorer
(OOC: For the time being I have no ISP at home. This means that during the weekends I will not be able to post. This should not affect the game much because I do most (99%) of my EN World time at work during the week.)

Page

Explorer
Thordain said:
I think I'm going to cancel this game due to lack of interest. People just don't seem motivated enough to play :(

OOC: I can't speak for the others, but I've been motivated. I've just been waiting for the others to post all of this time so we can get to the point where I am back in control of my character. ;) Anyway, if this game picks up again, I'd still like to be involved. Let me know!

tburdett

Explorer
As Page stated, I was motivated to play, I just kept waiting for GE to reply. I was here 5 or 6 times a day to check on the thread, but I did not want to clutter the thread with this type of OOC chatter.

I was a little upset when you posted your last message and held off replying because of that.

If you decide to continue, I will be here to play. If you decide to kill the game, you will have to get past Thoart and Twolegsfriend to do it! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads