Group names

Wombat

First Post
We are the Klondis of the Hall of the Vulgar Unicorn

Yeah, I know, but we have a couple Thieve's World fans, even though the setting isn't Sanctuary...

shilsen

Adventurer
The group in my Eberron game are known as the Blades of Arakhain, since they are all ex-military who served on the garrison of Fort Arakhain. The players were quite surprised when NPCs brought up the idea of a group name, since apparently they'd never played in games where the groups had an official name.

AIM-54

First Post
You can read about the adventures of the "Circle of the Phoenix" from the link in my sig. :cool:

Basically, the PCs have taken an Oath of Friendship to defeat the corrupt king of the Falcon Kingdom and put the rightful queen on the throne. We're currently nurturing the nascent Phoenix Kingdom and building our forces to take the war to the enemy!

Hammerhead

Explorer
In a game set in the Forgotten Realms, the players named themselves The Rooks, since their employer lives in a tower. Rook also means scam artist, which was also a pretty apt description of them.

In a Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil camapaign, I coined the name Wrecking Crew for our group because we were a crew. And we wrecked the dungeon.

In my current game, the group named themselves after what the mayor of a small town called them, Points of Light (the mayor talked like George Bush). Thus the Five Points of Light were born, until a new member got a little upset that she was included in the name. Later I invented prophecies referring to points of light.

TemplarSaint

First Post
None of my parties has ever had a name, but we came close once. We were in a FR campaign and the GM was pushing for us to come up with a name. One of the character's had Chester, a brave pet chicken that once helped us in a fight by flying into the face of an opponent when his owner was knocked prone. Based on his heroic action and his presence as team mascot, I suggested Chester's Jesters as a party name. No one else liked the idea, though, so we remained nameless.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The only only party I ever ran with that had a name was the Company of the Black Tooth
one of the players was reading Glen Cooks books and the fought a hydra which for some reason I described as having black teeth. They made necklaces from the teeth, upgrading the settings and giving new members teeth from a dragon instead.
4 years of gaming ending at 12th level in 2nd ed.

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
We had a campaign where everyone went through at least 2 or 3 characters. I can't remember how it got started but the party began to refer to themselves as the "Replaceables."

Greylock

First Post
Well, every major NPC we meet seems suitably impressed by our party, and calls us "Heroes". So there ya go, most boring party name evah, but it's us, "The Heroes of Maissen."

the Jester

Legend
None of my current groups, as a player or a dm, have a name for the party, but we've had that in the past...

My favorite?

The Swords of Assistance! :D :lol:

Remove ads