• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GSL news.

Halivar

First Post
Piratecat said:
I think that's absolutely okay. Heck, I expected it anyways; they'd be clever to do a separate line of 4e products in addition to Pathfinder. Erik et al are smart cookies.
IIRC, they explicitly stated in their Pathfinder announcement that they were also planning on having 4E material when (not if) the GSL was released.

But, I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. Today. Around an hour ago.

Hopefully we'll see some of the doomsayers come in, man up, and admit their speculations were completely unfounded.

Unlikely. But a great day for certain!

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Halivar said:
IIRC, they explicitly stated in their Pathfinder announcement that they were also planning on having 4E material when (not if) the GSL was released.

Latest word (25 minutes ago) from Paizo. Link
Vic Wertz said:
We're committed to the Pathfinder RPG for future Pathfinder products, but we've always said that we would consider doing some non-Pathfinder 4E products. (Assuming the GSL allows that.)

Dr. Confoundo

First Post
Halivar said:

But, I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. Today. Around an hour ago.

Here are a couple posts from the Paizo boards describing their current intentions:

James Jacobs said:
Doesn't impact Pathfinder or Paizo much at all. All of the Pathfinder and Gamemastery products we publish are done so under the OGL, not the d20 license.
Vic Wertz said:
We're committed to the Pathfinder RPG for future Pathfinder products, but we've always said that we would consider doing some non-Pathfinder 4E products. (Assuming the GSL allows that.)

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Dr. Confoundo said:
Here are a couple posts from the Paizo boards describing their current intentions:
Meh. Pathfinder is their most polished product. And the one, that carries the most of the "Paizo-style" - that somewhat retro-Greyhawk-Sword-and-Sorcery-mixture. I like it. But I don't want their side projects, I want the cream of the crop.

But boy, I'm happy that the GSL is finally on its way!

Cheers, LT.

HeinorNY

First Post
Well, I guess we can all stop our WOTC boycott by now and pre-order the books again right? :lol:

The lunatics didn't take over the asylum afterall...

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Fifth Element said:
Hopefully we'll see some of the doomsayers come in, man up, and admit their speculations were completely unfounded.

I'll admit, I was getting more and more skeptical about whether Wizards still supported open gaming or not. I am glad that they indeed are and am happy for them.

Remove ads