• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guilty Pleasures

TiQuinn

Kahuna Burger said:
I guess my only serious guilty pleasure is a TV show, not a movie... I like to watch telitubbies... especially when I'm sick... I don't know why, it just draws me. :eek:

Kahuna burger

I firmly believe that the Teletubbies is a government-funded experiment in hypnosis and subliminal messages. Obviously, in your weakened condition, you were easy prey for their mind-control.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
If we're talking TV, then Trading Spaces (who else thinks Amy and Gen have something going on?) and Nigella Lawson on FoodTV.

Oh my sweet lord, Nigella Lawson.

Sorry, what? :D

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Troma films.

As corny as they are, they are filled with bevies of bouncing beauties screaming their heads off. They also have the cheesiest script:

"Oh. Is that a longsword in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?"

SnowDog

First Post
Let's see ... man, I have a bunch of these. In addition to ones already mentioned (Starship Troopers, Tommy Boy, Necessary Roughness [hubba hubba Kathy Ireland]):

Showdown in Little Tokyo - Dolf and the taken-from-us-too-soon Brandon Lee kick ass all over the place. Gains extra points for absolutely ridiculous getup where Dolf gets all samurai on us and carries a huge machine gun. Let's add Brandon Lee in Rapid Fire to the list, too.

Hard Target - Out of all my Van Damme "guilty pleasures" this one comes out on top. I mean, come on, John Woo? This movie was perfect for me when it came out, and I still love watching it. Bloodsport gets some extra credit for introducing me to martial arts movies and having the way-bad-ass Bolo Yeung in it.

Tremors - I've dodged all the sequels and TV shows, but I knew I was onto something when I saw this and fell in love with its cheesy horror comedy goodness.

Pants

First Post
Brown Jenkin said:
Zardoz: Right up there with Meteor for bad Sean Connery flicks but I liked the cheesey badness of it.
Is that the movie where everyone wore diapers? :confused:

Big Trouble in Little China
Robin Hood Prince of Thieves - I seriously don't get why everyone absolutely HATES this movie? Is it because it's not very true to history or the legend?
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones - Take out 80% of the Anakin scenes with Padme and you have a damn decent SW movie. :p
Red Sonja: Utterly terrible, but I loved it as a kid. Call it nostalgia guilty pleasure
Battlestar Galactica The Series: I remember loving it as a kid, but then I actually watched it. Pretty bad. Another case of nostalgic guilty pleasure.

Dark Jezter

First Post
You know, before I read this thread, I didn't know that so many people out there liked Willow. Good to know that other people like it as much as I do. :D

TracerBullet42

First Post
barsoomcore said:
They Live by John Carpenter.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick a$$."

(cocks shotgun)

"And I'm all out of bubblegum."

I've never heard of this...that's a hilarious line...

Consider it rented this evening from my local video store...

kengar

First Post
Personally, I wouldn't put Rapid Fire or Big Trouble in Little China on this list (of course, my sig indicates a bias on the latter :) ). Those were well-made movies that I've never heard anyone give people grief for liking.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Just to warn you -- it's a stupid movie. The soundtrack will drive you crazy. And the line above is delivered by none other than Rowdy Roddy Piper. It's a really stupid movie.

Just so you can't say I didn't warn you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads