GURPS Shadowrun [IC] Under the Dragon's Tooth

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tharg suggests, "Alright, let's plan to hit them at the intersection point closest to her hotel. We can always use the farther one as a backup. Though before we make a final choice we should go and check out both spots."

Shayuri

First Post
"Agreed. Feet on the ground, eyes on the targets. GPS can only go so far."

She opened her commlink mic again and said to Juice, "I'll take both. Where're you at? We can come pick them up asap."

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: You just pay the 800 nuyen and add it to your gear. Per Ultra-Tech, they have a 4-yard radius. Anything electrical in the area needs to make a HT-8 (2) check which means the armor is divided by 2, because normally each 5 full points of DR adds +1 to the HT roll. Most armored cars are going to have at least 20 DR, but can have more

Jago

Explorer
OOC: Honestly a bit unsure on how to proceed here. With gear in hand, are we skipping to Monday morning for our ambush, or ..?

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - I think we need to pick our ambush site and work out some specifics about who goes where, does what, etc...we could probably resolve that with some rolls and OOC planning during a jumpcut to the action :))

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Yes sounds good too me

After Juno swings by and grabs the two EMP grenades, the team traces both routes from Ethiopia's apartment to the King Dome II*. The main route from her apartment (In Madison Park near the waterfront) is on East Madison St. southwest and then either through the metroplex and the underground Route 99 to the King Dome II or getting onto I-5 Highway south and then onto I-90 west to the King Dome II.

GM: Note that in the real world the King Dome was demolished 15 years ago to make room for Safeco Field and Century Link Field. So the King Dome II is where Safeco Field is listed. Here is an over all map.

The route through the Downtown Metroplex and on Route 99 are all underground in the 2050's and have fairly high security (Lone Star and Knight Errant) presence. Master-Blaster suggests that it is her most likely route as it is probably the safest but I-5/I-90 would be the fastest.

Seattle1.jpg

Shayuri

First Post
(...okay. Bear with me. I've been giving this some thought. :)

The first thing we need to do here is work out how quickly we can determine which route she's taking. There would be a sort of critical turn where she's definitely going one way as opposed to another. We need to work out where that is. That will give us some guidance as far as where we need to wait.

Secondly, we need to isolate the lowest security portions of both routes. The map is a little confusing, because I can't see her point of origin on it. That would be useful to have...or if it's there and I'm just not seeing it, point it out for me. :)

As for the plan, I'm thinking we use a small, weak spirit to carry the EMP grenade over the road. At a signal from us, it drops it into position. We trigger the EMP when the car is within the radius of the blast, and swarm in. The initial goal is to get my sleep gas grenade into the vehicle...ideally in a way that gets her guards as well...but the priority targets are the driver and Euphoria herself. From there it's a snatch and grab. We rush in, on the heels of the gas grenade. We pacify the bodyguards, grab the girl, and go. We'll probably want to rent a car for this. Juno's not eager to have her VID associated with this op. :)

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: How about this...

Seattle2.jpg

This first one is the street where her apartment is. Of course I don't have a map of the outside of her apartment BUT if you want it is a two-lane, two way street, with parking on each side of the street. Lone Star Patrols pretty heavy here as you already witness. Knight Errant has the contract for the building but only the doorman is their security there. The towers also have an underground parking garage where Ethiopia's cars are parked.

The limo she will be taking is down there also. You could break into it maybe to try and grab them here as Master-Blaster notes there is only one security guard at the garage entrance although the area is monitored he could spoof it. Then you would only need to deal with the one security guard, maybe the door guard and her two personal bodyguards. BUT it would be dangerous and you would not have much time before the system would detect something wrong.

The car will drive down East Madison Street (south west) from this point...

Seattle3.jpg

Here is where they will have to decide which way to go from East Madison, either getting onto the I-5 Express Way South (this is an Elevated Highway and the main north-south way through Seattle. As such and because it is around downtown it has a fairly high Lone Star presence but there are also a number of exists off of the highway, every 1/2 mile or so).

Otherwise they will continue down Madison (passing under the I-5 Highway overpass) for two more blocks and then under the Underground Underpass System (this includes the Highway 99/Alaska Way underpass. See below and note it says Viaduct but that is scheduled to be torn down in 3-4 years in the real world, so it is now the Alaska Way Underpass) at 5th Ave.

The purple colored line is for the Underpass and the red colored line is for the I-5 Highway

Seattle4.jpg

Finally then the come out here just north of the King Dome II where they will head for the secure parking structure (the Century link Field Garage, now called the King Dome Parking).

Does this make a little more sense??

Remove ads