GURPS Shadowrun [IC] Under the Dragon's Tooth

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Go ahead and make a Streetwise check and then a Merchant check to see what kind of deal you can get. Basically the streetwise roll will determine how good a place your fixer can find and the merchant check will determine the price he is going to charge you...

also might checks [roll0] and [roll1]

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: I did not come up with Names for your Contacts… if you want to you can, otherwise…

Black Crown, your fixer here in Seattle, gets back to you in five minutes. His ever smiling face (in no small fact due to his implanted black-light teeth, appears on a small corner of your AR glasses. “Ho chmmer” he says “Whats’ up?”

After listening to your spiel he rubs his chin and says “Hmm not much open right now on my side. Give me ten minutes and I will call ya back with something…”

Good to his word about ten minutes later he reappears. “Ok chummer I gots a couple of options fer ya, depending on the cred of course”

“First, I have an apartment in the top floor of a low end duplex. Gated and private and the residences have a deal with their own private security firm that is not on friendly terms with Lone Star. Most people mind their own business and like it that way. It two bedroom and furnished but ya need to bring yer own food.”

“Its in Renton, the Christopher neighborhood. Their security is listed as C, but again they have a private security firm working the area and they know how to ignore most anything hat does not threaten a tenant. For you, 3,000 nuyen should do it, but I am going to want another 3,000 as a deposit. I use this one a lot and if it gets trashed I am out a lot more than six grand.”

“Next, I got a place down pretty deep in the Puyallup Barrens, what they use to call the South Hill neighborhood. Now a days in housing build up on the laveflats. I got friend who runs that local gangers, call themselves the Lava-Rats. Ok crew so long as they get paid. It’s a single dwelling… house I guess you could say. Only one bedroom but an attic and windowed view out every directions. Most of the houses there are only one or two stories and the cops and the corps never go down there. Lot of industrial waste but if you bring filters for the house and your own water to drink you shouldn’t have any problems. In fact you best plan on bring your own sleeping mats and food also. Less ya like dinning on devil rats. They also have a Matrix tap nearby.”

“This place can be burned if you need it as I have others in the area or I could just have some poor schmuck ‘relocated’ if I need to. 1,500 nuyen should do it.”

Last edited:

Jago

Explorer
~ " Helpful as always, omae, helpful as always. Let me put you on hold for a minute, ja?"

A small touch to his communicator froze the AR image of Black Crown. Fredrick looked up to his new companions, having been using the handheld device to project the audio and video to the assembled.

" Well? I'll pony up the Deposit for the first place but I'll be a Dragon's dinner if any of you think we're taking that rundown Puyallup pee-oh-ess." ~

Shayuri

First Post
"I dunno," said Juno. "The Puyallup place sounds pretty close, depending on how much cred the gang'll want. Single residence, good sightlines. We can bring our own supplies. Wouldn't be too hard for three days worth, and it won't eat into our profits as much."

"The other place means we'll have the other occupants to deal with, the local security could give us issues, and we can't know for sure the place won't get trashed."

She shrugged.

"I expect we can make either one work. The expensive one is riskier, but less miserable. If we spread the cost even it won't put too big a crimp on anyone's payout. The other place is rock bottom, but that also makes it easy to secure and practically impossible to find her at."

Jago

Explorer
"I expect we can make either one work. The expensive one is riskier, but less miserable. If we spread the cost even it won't put too big a crimp on anyone's payout. The other place is rock bottom, but that also makes it easy to secure and practically impossible to find her at."

" To be fair, Euphoria may be a bit more of a hassle if we put her in a place that sounds worse than here," Jaeger observed.

" I don't plan on staying in a place that's going to leave us glowing more than a trip to the SOX would. Industrial Waste doesn't exactly wash out easily."

The elf stroked his chin, mulling it over.

" I may be able to ingratiate ourselves with the local security there. Would help deter any Sheriffs or Squires that come snooping. Seccers that are willing to turn a blind eye are worth their weight in reagents."

He looked about to the others, raising a brow.

" My vote is still for a place I'm not going to develop three different forms of cancer from. ... although I must agree, I doubt anyone would go looking for Euphoria there." ~

Shayuri

First Post
"Let me make a call real quick," Juno said. She dialed her own contact, a guy who came off like a wannabe old-time radio 'shock jock' who called himself 'The Juice.'

He seemed to know his stuff, if you could sit still through his drek.

(The Juice's rating is 15. [roll0]) Juno isn't too streetwise, and doesn't generally bother to haggle. :))

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tharg answers, "Finding a different place sounds good to me too, and I'll chip in some of my share to make this happen. It's good to have a place where we won't have to worry about the police, but we can't defend this place."

GreenKarl

First Post
Juice answers Juno's comlink within a few minutes and says, give me a second...

GM: Juice's Skill and Reliability 10 and 11

His smiling imagine snaps back in your peripheral view. "Well yer in luck chummer. I just had an opening on a place in Tacoma. It on the first floor of an semi-abandoned apartment complex. The local gangs keep the place fairly squatter free for me so that we can use some of the other rooms for... short term safe places.

This one is a two bedroom, 1 bath. Furnished, but nothing fancy. Water filter for the building was recently changed. Ha. Anyway for you and three days how about 2,000 nuyen."

Remove ads