• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gygax Magazine Proposed Contents

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Tim Kask mentioned this on his Facebook page today 12-17-2012 (as a related bit of information that includes a print run count for the first issue) -
An open response to potential and would-be advertisers in Gygax #1.

Please don't feel bad--we did everything on a direct-contact basis, trying to keep the lid on. There were no rules: the original plan was that we would create an exemplar, in secret, then spring it on the world. The leak before Thanksgiving killed that idea. #1 will have a somewhat limited print-run--5000 hard copies, but after that, the sky is the limit. This is a great deal of speculation on our part: that we would find advertisers, that there was still a market for a tangible-copy product, that we will find distribution that we can live with, and so on. Cannot add space now, it goes to press this week.
Leak? They put the notice about the magazine online themselves. They were seeking people interested in the magazine. They said there would be a magazine in the notice on the site. There was no leak, other than people wondering what it was really about.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Leak? They put the notice about the magazine online themselves. They were seeking people interested in the magazine. They said there would be a magazine in the notice on the site. There was no leak, other than people wondering what it was really about.

I am not really confident about this mag.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I am not really confident about this mag.
That's the thing too. If they want people to feel confident about their magazine they should start behaving confidently now. Not like a secret club that someone blew the whistle on, when that wasn't what happened.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I don't know. "Leak" might not have been the most precise word. I think they just put up some placeholders for the website, not expecting many to necessarily stumble across it in November but figuring if anyone did they'd garner some info by way of an email address or two, then planned to make their formal announcement in December. Obviously, that didn't work out as planned. Anyway, I'm not personally involved, though I know some of the folks who are personally, and at the end of the day the content will either draw folks to it or not. I've no doubt it is in my own wheelhouse, so I'm sure I'll like most or all of what is in it. Yet it comes down to the fact that it's a magazine (in an era when mags aren't doing very strongly) with a limited print run, a lot of folks on board, and even more contributing. Obviously, no one is looking to get rich or turn huge profits with this venture, so I don't judge it with the same microscope I reserve for larger companies eking out big profits in gaming, such as they are. We'll see. :)

susiethebanshee

First Post
This is Susie the Banshee, community manger for Gygax Magazine, we updated the release date today. Copies will be available for purchase on the website the 26th of January. We are also holding an event in NY that will be streamed live for those who cannot attend in person. More information is up on our Facebook page. I can post the email that was sent out this morning, if that is allowed in the forum.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yes, that should be fine.
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] has also instituted publisher accounts, which allows publishers to post press releases in a dedicated forum, and generally work as an obvious official voice. You might want to discuss it with him...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads