D&D General H1-E3: Demon Prince of Undeath Conversion

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Out travelling right now, but will have a look at it when I come back home. Either it is just temporary glitch, but maybe I have to move all material to One Drive.

Jeff Girard

First Post
Hi [MENTION=6694190]Myrhdraak[/MENTION] (newbie here, did I use the "mention" tag properly?), that's an immense amount of work you did. and I'd like to put it to good use. I'm a huge proponent of 4E and would love to run that entire series as a linked story. I was considering trying to do the work myself to edit the plots as needed, but this would save me so much time. I was able to download your monster conversions, but not the story conversions for each module. Would you be able to send me those links or let me access it via onedrive? Thanks so much, I'm very excited to find this.

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Wow, this is fantastic. That's an amazing amount of work, I'm going to see about starting a new group just so I can run this. Thanks so much!

I only managed to get through half of H2 before me and my group ended the H1-E3 campaign and went back to my homegrown campaign world. Would I start it today I would probably have redone some parts. Somehow the full story need a more detailed context than just starting with H1. I would probably have used my 4.5 ruleset in order to reduce the challenge level in some of the encounters in H1 to H3. That would gain me some XP and allow me to create a H0 adventure where the adventurers experience the threat of undeath - families killed, king not raised from the dead, plagues of undead attacking their town, etc. Purpose would be to get a reason to go out looking for the source (Karalel) in adventure H1.

/Myrhdraak

dave2008

Legend
I would probably have used my 4.5 ruleset...

Myrhdraak, are you still running your 4.5e rules? If so, how is going and have you made any updates or revisions? You did a really great job with it and I feel a lot of 4e players could get some use out it. Did you ever post it to the download section of Enworld? Unfortunately I am pretty much all 5e now myself, but I just feel like your work with 4e/4.5e could use more of a spotlight. I always mention it when I hear tales of someone trying to tweak 4e or combine 4e + 5e or something similar.

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Myrhdraak, are you still running your 4.5e rules? If so, how is going and have you made any updates or revisions? You did a really great job with it and I feel a lot of 4e players could get some use out it. Did you ever post it to the download section of Enworld? Unfortunately I am pretty much all 5e now myself, but I just feel like your work with 4e/4.5e could use more of a spotlight. I always mention it when I hear tales of someone trying to tweak 4e or combine 4e + 5e or something similar.

Yes I have been running it for 10 sessions maybe. So far quite happy with it. Now working on putting it all into a PHB 4.5 edition were I am mixing the best of 4th and 5th Edition. However, I am not putting it up there for general download and I have only converted the classes and monster I myself use in my campaign.

/Myrhdraak

I ran them when the first came out. they are weak mostly due to the fact that WotC was still learning what they were doing. great maps great encounters great ideas...but please read through and make it your own.

Remove ads