• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E hafrogman's Hoard of the Dragon Queen (full)

hafrogman

Adventurer
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
Anything you want Jeni to do on her turn? Not really a situation where I feel good controlling someone's character.

Forged Fury

First Post
I thought the Dragonclaw was a kobold? Sorry, I must have misinterpreted your explanation to Skarsgard on why the Dragonclaw had advantage on its attacks against him. I guess it isn't a kobold but has pack tactics? Got it.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Correct, yeah. It's a cultist who hangs out with kobolds a lot. I thought I'd posted a picture of the Dragonclaw, but I guess not.

d63a817192b01e7321408b25ae4b8261.jpg

You'll meet more later.

Forged Fury

First Post
Taking that short rest. Started at 6/28...

Spending Hit Dice:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Up to 26/28

Second Wind and Superiority Dice restored. Man, fighters are kind of fun on their resource recharge. I didn't even Action Surge yet.

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION],

I want to figure out what is legit rules-wise regarding these oil flasks.

Could Jeni use her item interaction to throw the vial, and her action to light the oil via druidcraft?

If not (i.e. if throwing is an action, which is likely), I imagine that she needs to light a vial with druidcraft and then the next round, throw it with her action, right.

If this is the case, she'll likely optimize by using druidcraft to light a torch (if no stealth is required), and then use her item interaction to light the cloth on the vials and then throw them with her action. In this case, I want to make sure that lighting the cloth would indeed be an item interaction, and not an action.

I just want to make sure beforehand.
Thanks!

SG

hafrogman

Adventurer
Yeah, throwing would be an action.
Druidcraft is also an action.

But lighting a molotov from an existing flame is fine as an interaction.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads