• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half-Dwarves and Half-Gnomes...

Dwarves are too proud of their heritage to participate in all that uncontrolled crossbreeding -- unlike nambly-pamby elves and dragons, who will apparently shag anything that moves.. Besides, thems beardless gnome and human women are UGLY!

Satori

First Post
I distinctly remember a wierd "Half Dwarf" called "Muls" from the Dark Sun 2nd Edition Campaign Setting.

They were REALLY rather bizarre.

Not sure if that helps.

Satori said:
I distinctly remember a wierd "Half Dwarf" called "Muls" from the Dark Sun 2nd Edition Campaign Setting.

They were REALLY rather bizarre.

I didn't think they were that weird. They were particularly tough and hardy, and inherited their dwarven parent's hairlessness.

They were all male, and were infertile, as well.

They were known for making pretty decent gladiators.

Kuld

Explorer
Jyrdan Fairblade said:
The Midnight campaign setting has some interesting halfsies. As I recall, there's a half-dwarf/half-gnome race, a half-halfling/half-elf race, and a brutal half-dwarf/half-orc race.

Dwarf and half-orc? Now, tell me that was consensual.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*thinks breeding ANYTHING with a gnome is a bad idea* Mostly because gnomes deserve to be fodder for gnolls. :)

Caliban

Rules Monkey
In the Arcanis campaign setting, the gnomes are "the twisted offspring of humans and dwarves". They tend to be physically deformed and in constant pain, but get some interesting feats and racial abilities based on that.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
See I knew there was a reason I liked Arcanis besides they included Forsaken Elves...or was that another setting?

In any case, that's a cool fact.

Thanks Cal.

Kaji

First Post
Caliban said:
In the Arcanis campaign setting, the gnomes are "the twisted offspring of humans and dwarves". They tend to be physically deformed and in constant pain, but get some interesting feats and racial abilities based on that.

Very cool idea. Doesn't work for where I'm going, but still cool.

As for creating my own race, I'm sorry I wasn't clear, but I'm a lazy dog, with an enormous world to build, and I'm looking for cheats/helps/plagarizing others works. I might not worry about ti too much, or just miz and match the races until I come up with what I want in the end, I'm just sniffing around for finshed works...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads