• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Half Red, Half Black Dragon? O_o

Tharkon

First Post
Hey guys! This thread seems like a good place to discuss this so I think I'll ask. Do any of you know the rules for a Dragon taking human form? I have spoken about this in other threads but I haven't had much luck getting an answer! So can a Dragon just assume the form of a human whenever it wants or what? Do you need to be able to cast Alter Self, or Polymorph? In another thread someone told me that only curtain colors of Dragons can do this in PF, is that true? I don't mean to discredit this person IN ANY WAY. After all they gave good advice and (if I'm not mistaken) directly quoted the books. However I still find that a tad odd. I made the mistake of playing both 3.5 and PF...now the rules dance around in my head and I can never remember which is which. Even with that being said wouldn't you think that if one color could change into human shape they all could?

P.S. I've only just joined ENworld so I don't know how to add a link to the other discussions. Do I just go there, grab the link, head back here and edit this post by adding it? is there a button to press that does all that? Help?

The dragon type does not give any shapeshifting abilities.
Bronze, silver and gold dragons have the ability to change shape, as do all imperial dragons.
The metallic ones can change into any humanoid or animal three times per day.
The imperial ones can only change into humanoid forms, also three times per day.
Aside of that all dragons are sorcerers so any of them could know a polymorph spell.

Remove ads