• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Half Vampire?

Maijin_Vegeta

First Post
I was just curious if anyone had thought about a Half Vampire template like "Blade" for example. In the D&D world it would be a little harder i would assume, but i was thinking about it. Half vampires dont seem to be undead, but have most of the strengths, none of the weaknesses, just curious if anyone has any ideas on this or if there are some already and i just dont know where to find them.

Iron_Chef

First Post
How about the half-vampire has a 50% chance of disintegrating in sunlight? :p

Seriously, there have been attempts at a half-vampire template. You want to look for them under the name: Dhampyr (or Dhampir), which I think is Rumanian for "half vampire". There are real world (alleged) examples of such creatures. They were born of a vampire raping but not killing a mortal woman and had the power to track vampires to their hiding places and destroy them, so they were in demand as vampire hunters by superstitious and terrified villagers.

I think www.community3e.com has one on their site.

Last edited:

LeifVignirsson

First Post
OR you can go look at the Ravenloft Denizen of the Dark, they have a Dhampir in their book and they do have the stats to play as said creature... Though I will tell you it is a pain in the... well, neck to play this creature.

Oni

First Post
Well it's not exactly a template, the attached is a Dhampir PrC that I created.

Attachments

• dhampir.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 201

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads