• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Halflings are the 7th most popular 5e race

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I love playing sub-optimal characters.

I once played a dwarf bard (under 3.5E rules, no less) who was a metal enthusiast in every sense of the word. When he was in town he was usually hard at work at the forge, crafting weapons for the party out of iron and steel. But when he was on an adventure, he dressed like a member of GWAR, played a drop-D guitar, used his cantrips to create pyrotechnics...

Sure, I had a penalty to Charisma. Big deal, I also had a blast.

Something like this.

Peter BOSCO'S

Adventurer
Not sure I can picture what a dragonborn or genasi bard looks like, but OK otherwise.
Dragonborn Bard - Rhogar was the assistant to a senior officer in the army of Neverwinter, blowing the bagpipe to carry the legates orders to the unit. Then the barbarians came and slaughtered the unit. Rhogar lived only because the legate commanded that he flee to bring word of the units loss back to Neverwinter. Despite this he still feels shame at having "abandoned" their unit. Rhogar still fights to help those who cannot help themselves, but has little patience for the abstract ideas that send cities to war.

Rhogar Delmirev Bard 1 Metallic Dragonborn (Gold) Soldier Background, NG, STR 16, DEX 13, CON 14, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 16

Halfings are still gonna a core race no matter how low their Beyond numbers are. 4E removed Halfings from the first PHB due to "low approval numbers" and we all know how well that was received.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Halfings are still gonna a core race no matter how low their Beyond numbers are. 4E removed Halfings from the first PHB due to "low approval numbers" and we all know how well that was received.
It only seemed like 4E removed halflings, since they turned them into dreadlocked riverfolk. Which is a pretty cool schtick, but not what traditional halfling fans were expecting, to put it mildly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads