D&D 5E Halloween Special: X2 Chateau d' Amberville (86'd)

Hijinx

First Post
Little John, NG Male Human Cleric (Trickery) 3

I was considering airwalkrr's Greyhawk campaign, but that didn't work out. This'd be my first pbp on this site, but longtime lurker. This looks like fun, so here goes:

2pr8yva.jpg

www.comicvine.com

STR 15 (+2)
DEX 17 (+3)
CON 16 (+3)
INT 14 (+2)
WIS 19 (+4)
CHA 18 (+4)

hp 27
AC 15
Initiative +4
Speed 30
Proficiency Bonus +2
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
Passive Perception 14
Languages: Common, Orcish (human)
Deity: Tymora (Goddess of Good Fortune, face-up coin, Trickery)
Height 5'5"
Weight 225 lbs
Age 38

[sblock=Stats]
BACKGROUND
Folk Hero
Skill Proficiencies: Animal Handling, Survival
Tool Proficiencies: Woodcarver’s tools, Vehicles (land)
Defining Event: Previously a woodcutter, I stole from a corrupt king to help the poor. I got caught and played at being a priest to avoid jail. Been keeping up the charade ever since.
Feature (Rustic Hospitality): Since you came from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.
Trait: If someone is in trouble, I’m always ready to lend help.
Ideal: Down with King John!
Bond: I’m looking for more gold to steal to help feed the good people of the land.
Flaw: I like to drink the sacramental wine. A little too much.

SKILLS
Acrobatics +3
Animal Handling +6 -- Background
Arcana +2
Athletics +2
Deception +4
History +2
Insight +6 -- class
Intimidation +4
Investigation +2
Medicine +4
Nature +2
Perception +4
Performance +4
Persuasion +6 -- class
Religion +2
Sleight of Hand +4
Stealth +3
Survival +4 -- background

ATTACKS
Shortbow +6, 1d6+4, P, Range 80/320
Mace +4, 1d6+2, B
Guiding bolt +6, 4d6 radiant, Range 120

SPELLCASTING
Spell save DC 14
Spell attack modifier +6
Spell slots: (4) 1st level; (2) 2nd level
Cantrips (3): light, spare the dying, thaumaturgy
Spells Prepared (7):
1st level: cure wounds, guiding bolt, healing word, sanctuary, shield of faith
2nd level: prayer of healing, silence
Divine Domain (Trickery): charm person, disguise self

DOMAIN
Trickery
Channel Divinity:
Turn Undead: As an action, use your holy symbol and speak a prayer of censure against undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom DC 14 saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage. A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can't willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can't take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there's nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action. Available at will, no rest required to recharge uses.
Blessing of the Trickster: Use your action to touch a willing creature other than yourself to grant advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks. This blessing lasts for 1 hour or until you use this feature again. Available at will, no rest required to recharge uses.
Invoke Duplicity: As an action, create perfect illusion of yourself for 1 minute, or until you lose your concentration. The illusion appears in an unoccupied space that you can see within 30 feet of you. As a bonus action, you can move the illusion up to 30 feet to a space you can see, but it must remain within 120 feet of you. For the duration, you can cast spells as though you were in the illusion's space, but you must use your own senses. Additionally, when both you and your illusion are within 5 feet of a creature that can see the illusion, you have advantage on attack rolls against that creature, given how distracting the illusion is to the target. Available at will, no rest required to recharge uses.

EQUIPMENT *denotes obtained for free from starting equipment
Woodcarver's tools 1 gp
Studded leather armor 45 gp
*Shield (not used)
*Shortbow
Arrows, 40 2 gp
Quiver 1 gp
*Mace
Sacramental wine (9) (potions of healing) 450 gp (assumes purchase price of 50 gp each?)
*Holy Symbol: Gold coin w/Tymora emblem, worn on chain around neck
*Priest's pack (backpack, blanket, 10 candles, tinder box, alms box, 2 blocks incense, censer, cleric's vestment, 2 days rations, waterskin)

Total spent: 499 gp of 500 gp allotted[/sblock]

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I'm going to withdraw from consideration - I'm not feeling up to posting several times a day for a character I'm not really feeling. :)

This one is evidently not meant to be. News just came down the pipeline late this afternoon that I have a jury trial to conduct on Oct 15-16. Jury trial takes a metric ton of work to prep for, so I apologize, but work first and gaming second.

All of you put in a lot of effort creating these characters. Thank you. I know it's time consuming to make them. And especially to the folks who are newer to EN World, welcome. I think it's great you're here, and I look forward to gaming with each of you in the future.

hafrogman

Adventurer
This one is evidently not meant to be. News just came down the pipeline late this afternoon that I have a jury trial to conduct on Oct 15-16. Jury trial takes a metric ton of work to prep for, so I apologize, but work first and gaming second.
Thanks for letting us know, and good luck with your trial.

Remove ads