[Halmae] Our Party Picked a Name! Full story inside!

What Should Our Party's Gladiator Team Name Be?

• Seasons Vengeance

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Godstorm

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Divine Right

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Captain Halmae and The Clerics

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Elemental Might

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The Powers That Be

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • "No no no! You should call yourselves..." (comment below)

Votes: 13 26.5%

Dolza

First Post
what Piratecat said

I think Divine Might would be a great name for you guys. More martial for the arena. You wanna strike fear into the heart of your opponent, not convert him to your cause.

dolza

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Dolza said:
You wanna strike fear into the heart of your opponent, not convert him to your cause.
Unless your cause is kicking his ass. Kettenek’s justice demands it!

I'm just saying, is all.

The_Warlock

Explorer
The Gods Fist
The Six of Seasons
Faith & Steel
Heaven's Storm

Of course, that's not really knowing if anybody has a schtick, since we don't know all these characters due to story hour vs current group delay. But if Anvil is involved, it should include Faith and Beatdowns in some way...

Since nearly all characters are involved with religion in an active role, religion or god/divine should be included in the name. Paraphrasing T_O_W: The Fist of the Gods or something like Hammer of the Gods. I like Murasama's suggestion about Hammers of Justice, but that might give the impression Anvil is the most important character <ducks to avoid the storms of protest / agreement> ;) , whereas Hammer of the Gods is more neutral in that respect. :D

doghead

thotd
I personally like understatement, self depreciation even. There is nothing worse than loosing a trivia game to a group called 'Low IQ' ... er, for example.

Inspiration, however, escapes me.

thotd

spyscribe

First Post
Thanks for the suggestions and votes everyone. Keep 'em coming. Better than many of ours that didn't make the short list (The Diversity Bunch, Title IX, Mosaic, The Defenders of Daybreak...)
The_One_Warlock said:
But if Anvil is involved, it should include Faith and Beatdowns in some way...
Funny enough, so far Anvil's main reaction has been to shake his head, and quietly mutter, "This is so undignified..." :D

The_Warlock

Explorer
spyscribe said:
Funny enough, so far Anvil's main reaction has been to shake his head, and quietly mutter, "This is so undignified..." :D

As it should be...he just wouldn't be the uber-lawful we've come to know and love in the Halmae storyhour if he didn't. Reminds me of a monk I used to play whose primary body language when his party suggested plans was slumped shoulders and a shaken head.

For amusement...how about the Holy Hexad...chuckle

Remove ads