[Halmae] Our Party Picked a Name! Full story inside!

What Should Our Party's Gladiator Team Name Be?

• Seasons Vengeance

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Godstorm

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Divine Right

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Captain Halmae and The Clerics

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Elemental Might

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The Powers That Be

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • "No no no! You should call yourselves..." (comment below)

Votes: 13 26.5%

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Of the ones given, I like Divine (M)Right best. But I chose other. I always like names that describe what is going to happen to the enemy. Something like ...

Fade to Black

or ...

Entrails Exposed [Ewww ... not this one]

or ...

Severing Heads (Guillotine (sp?), perhaps?)

or ...

Dismembered.

Hmmm ... of those four I like Fade to Black and Dismembered. Fade to Black is just a cool concept. Dismembered has so many different levels of meaning to it, though!

Angcuru

First Post
Godstorm works well since all of the elements are involved in storms, and storms = power etc. I like this one. Divine Right sounds a bit preachy, but Divine Might is probably a good fit just like Godstorm. I think there's a catch however, since while it fits the party persona, you're invariably going to have people in the game world who see these titles as arrogant. On the other hand, you could have people seeing them as trying to bring the faiths together, or showing how there is mutual cooperation among them, although that seems to be the case already in the Halmae. Mixed feelings, tension among the fans, good stuff.

I think it would be a good idea to throw in a Dar there somewhere as a tip of the hat to their work (essentially) on behalf of the Confederacy.

So I'm thinking:

Dar Godstorm
Dar Godstorm's Might (maybe a bit lengthy)

Or you could go with Dar H.A.L.M.A.E. *acronym from aspects of the four gods*

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I still like "The Deciders".

Short and sweet, and plus you guys decide stuff and help facilitate decision (as in your role choosing the school chancelor) and are all about moral forthrightness (well, mostly).

I can just see you in your professional wrestling poses barking out to the crowd, "Who decides? We decide. We are the Deciders!"

The_Warlock

Explorer
Angcuru said:
I think it would be a good idea to throw in a Dar there somewhere as a tip of the hat to their work (essentially) on behalf of the Confederacy.

So I'm thinking:

Dar Godstorm
Dar Godstorm's Might (maybe a bit lengthy)

On a similar note, you could use words not from english. The Darine Confederacy has that Greek city-state feel - maybe look up from current or ancient greek - the Darines would get it, but it'd sound somehow more "in world" to us mere watchers.

Theikos = divine, or rough equivalent
Trykimia = storm, etc

So Dar Trykimia is roughly the Darine Storm, essentially you are the power of the storm sent across the Darine Confederacy, etc etc...

A greek-english translator:
http://www.kypros.org/cgi-bin/lexicon

KidCthulhu

First Post
I agree with el-Rem, I like Deciders. All the other names have a little too much swagger for this group. They imply that you guys speak for the gods. And as is very clear from this SH, you're much more like their playthings than their favored avatars. The other names are (not to start a political debate) a little too Dubya for you guys.

Remove ads