• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hanable's Hunters, Part I & II

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Right, sorry, the documents. That's what I meant. If you just wait outside, then unless he's much stupider than he seems, there's no way he's just going to fall into some sort of trap, when he can just lead them away. Not that a frontal assault against a group of up to 50 ogres is good either. Perhaps we need stealth or subterfuge?"

unleashed

First Post
Firavel d’Thuranni, Male Elf Rogue/Dragonmark Heir

Well, I did not think my call for caution would evoke such a discussion. Firavel thinks as he watches Kerlokh and Selene talk back and forth, waiting for them both to take a breath before interjecting his own thoughts. “Of course it will probably end up being wipe out the ogres. If Voldor is as smart as he seems I imagine he will try to put all of his minions between him and us, so we will definitely need stealth and subterfuge to get out of this with our skins intact I think. Hence my reason for pointing out it may be a ruse to draw us just where they want us, as I just want to make sure we do not walk into a trap of their design which we will not likely walk out of again, given the resources Voldor possesses.”

Last edited:

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
unleashed said:
“Of course it will probably end up being wipe out the ogres. If Voldor is as smart as he seems I imagine he will try to put all of his minions between him and us, so we will definitely need stealth and subterfuge to get out of this with our skins intact I think. Hence my reason for pointing out it may be a ruse to draw us just where they want us, as I just want to make sure we do not walk into a trap of their design which we will not likely walk out of again, given the resources Voldor possesses.”

Should we scout the area, to see if we can find this "back door" that he might have?

Prof Yeti

First Post
Marek d'Cannith - Paragon/Wizard

MavrickWeirdo said:
Should we scout the area, to see if we can find this "back door" that he might have?

Having watched the back and forth between the two members Marek' look brightens at the thought of a 'back door'. "I believe looking for a rear entrance would definitely be worth the time. Voldor probably has the front heavily guarded but with the items we have been supplied with stealth may be our best option." What I wouldn't give for a wand of fireballs right now!

unleashed

First Post
Firavel d’Thuranni, Male Elf Rogue/Dragonmark Heir

“Sounds like we have a plan then,” Firavel remarks, before devoting his attention entirely to watching the surrounding terrain again. Then I thought we had this plan before we set out after Voldor in the first place.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Hobbes - Ranger/Barbarian

There is something that I am missing and I am not sure what it is. All I really want to do is go and track down these ogres and kill them. I do not like how they track down the weak and ambush them from hiding. The tactics they are using somewhat reminds me of those goblins many years ago that took my grandfather. I will have to make it a point to search the cave for any clues.

Still, there is something that I am missing.....

With a guttural growl of frustration Hobbes turns towards Selene, "Selene, you said something concerning tracking that medallion from the last group of Ogres. Could Voldor be watching us as we move through the forest and saw that we were approaching this group of Ogres and warned them?"

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Ok, I see a plan, search for back doors. How are you going about doing that? Normal march? Spread formation? Click your heals and think hard?

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Elocin said:
With a guttural growl of frustration Hobbes turns towards Selene, "Selene, you said something concerning tracking that medallion from the last group of Ogres. Could Voldor be watching us as we move through the forest and saw that we were approaching this group of Ogres and warned them?"

"We left Medallion with the dead ogres. I think it tougher for him to track us without it, but not imposible."

Remove ads