• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hanable's Hunters, Part I & II

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Hobbes - Shifter Ranger/Barbarian

Going to Whitlock's aid with a grin on his face Hobbes mentions to the party that there might be some traps in the area. "As mentioned before we are definitely on the right path. Now all we need do is find that secret entrance. Selene would talking to an animal that burrows through the ground help a better than a squirrel?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Ironicly, Hobbes falls right into a pit, though the leaves, and is tangled in the netting that was holding up the leaves.

OOC: Hobbes takes 5 points of damage.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Everyone but Firavel stay put, and be ready. We need to secure the area. If you must move go back the way we came.

Kerlokh moves cautiously forward to Whitlock

OOC:Search (+14) for Traps every 5 feet

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: If I'd been awake, I could have told you about the pit trap :p)

"Yes, I had thought about a mole or something too, but I couldn't find any. Unfortunately, my last spell has ended, and I only have one more of them prepared, and every time I speak to the animals, that's one less time I can summon them, so we need to be sure that we're near enough that the animals have seen it--I had no idea we were still a half hour away last time."

Prof Yeti

First Post
Marek d'Cannith - Paragon/Wizard

As Kerlokh moves to help their companions, Marek tightens his grip on his bow and begins to scour the surrounding foliage for any hiding foes.

OOC - Spot (+6)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I suppose you boys need some healing? I'd prefer if you would come over this way first, as it might be tricky to climb out of a pit for me in this armour, but I have the wand ready to go."

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Hobbes - Shifter Ranger/Barbarian

Bront said:
Ironicly, Hobbes falls right into a pit, though the leaves, and is tangled in the netting that was holding up the leaves.

(ooc: At this point Hobbes would need to make a will save to see if he goes into a rage or not from the humiliation and damage from the fall. I forget what the save would be but it is listed under the rage ability. Depending on the outcome would be his reaction.)

(ooc: if he fails)

You hear a ferocious howl come from the bottom of the pit followed by the sounds of someone frantically slashing his way free form the ropes. Shortly thereafter a rather ruffled Hobbes comes climbing out of the pit with a dangerous look in his eyes as he searches for any potential foe.

(ooc: if he makes his save)

You hear a short guttural growl that is quickly cut off but from what you could make out you would swear any pirates face would have reddened. You then barely here some muttering with the sound of ropes being cut followed by Hobbes climbing out of the pit with a cold deadly look into his eyes as if he hoped there was an enemy near.

unleashed

First Post
Firavel d’Thuranni, Male Elf Rogue/Dragonmark Heir

Watching helplessly as Whitlok flies through the air some distance in front of him, Firavel begins to close with the rest of the group, when seconds later Hobbes disappears from view. As Kerlokh calls out for everyone else to stay where they are, Firavel rushes up to the rear of the party where he can see Hobbes has fallen into a fairly shallow pit. As Kerlokh moves off towards Whitlok, Firavel begins his search for more traps around the pit and the party, before searching the trail ahead, “Hmm, I guess someone should throw Hobbes a rope to help him climb out when I see if it is safe around there.”

OOC: Search +12

Prof Yeti

First Post
Marek d'Cannith - Paragon/Wizard

Quickly moving to retrive his rope from his haversack Marek begins to move towards Hobbes position. "I have some right here."

As he moves closer Marek tries to keep his face neutral as he looks over the holes edge toward his fallen friend. "Just a second Hobbes I'll have this down in a second." And with that he tosses one end of the rope down the hole.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Whitlock

Whitlock picks himself up and dusts himself off before cautiously moving back towards Selene "Amazing" he says as he moves over "That seems to have done wonders for my sore back. And if I hear one joke about dwarf tossing there'll be trouble" he says grimly.

OOC: Ouch that hurt, half his HPs. I've adjusted his sheet.

Remove ads