[Hanged Man Sidebar]: Rhagast's Row (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Judge! Quick! A judge!)

FourMonos

First Post
"Hey! Brute, pick on someone your own size!"

Realizing he is no where near the size of the minotaur, Artemis strides up onto the table behind him to make his threat seem more plausible. Artie swings his light and dark blade making threatening humming sounds as he moves toward the minotaur.

*vroom* *vmm*

It is to Artemis's advantage is that the minotaur largely ignores him. As he swings his blade down and across Rhagast's shoulder, light flashes from the contact.

[sblock=actions]
Movement: F-8, G-9, H-8

Standard: Resplendent Blade vs. Rhagast (ac): 1d20+13+2, 1d10+15 → ([14, 13, 2], [9, 15]) Roll Lookup Hit AC 29 for 24 radiant damage.

[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hexblade 5

Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC 21 (20): For: 16 Ref: 18 Will: 20
HP: 42/42 Bloodied: 21 Surge value: 9 Surges/day: 8
Resist: 5 cold

Speed: 5 squares, Languages: Common, Primordial

AP: 1, Second Wind: unused

Powers:

Resplendent Blade, Eldritch Bolt, Dire Fate

Wield the Warp 1, 2 Heroic Effort, Spectral Fade

Confusion of the Cosmos, Shard of Darkness, Inspiring Word, Ironscar Rod, Frostwolf Pelt, Lesser Planar Ally [/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Practically jumping from horizontal to vertical, Gil rushes to Lerrick's side, Thanks, obviously, we need to stay away from him. comments the scholar whilst brushing himself off.

Phoenix, I can turn a large area caustic, where do you want it? asks Gil, Everyone inside wouldn't be able to breath.

[sblock=Actions]

move stand

standard move to F12

[/sblock]

[sblock=Gil ]

[sblock="Readied" Immediate Actions]

Phantasmal Henchman (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger: An ally within 10 misses an enemy with an attack.
Effect: Gil conjures a Phantasmal Henchman in a square adjacent to the target of the triggering allies attack. The Phantasmal Henchman stays TE of Gil's NT. Gil's allies can flank with the Phantasmal Henchman. As a move action, Gil can move the conjuration up to 6 squares. Once, before the end of Gil's NT, Gil can use the Phantasmal Henchman Attack power.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministat]

Gil Human Hybrid Wizard|Artificer multiclass Assassin theme Scholar level 6
AC 18 Fort 17 Reflex 20 Will 18 (additional +1 from ranged attack 5 squares away Cloak of Distortion)
HP 32/44 bloodied 22, Surges 6/7 Surge value 11
Passive Insight 20, Passive Perception 20, Normal vision
Second Wind: Not Used
Saving Throws: +5 vs Fear Effects (Battle Hardened)
AP total 1, Speed 6, Initiative +6, Languages Common, Draconic, Elven
At-will powers; Thundering Armor, Winged Horde, Freezing Burst, Ghost Sound, Light, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand
Encounter powers; Twilight Falls, Phantasmal Henchman, Phantasmal Henchman Attack Power, Use Vulnerability, Shadow Step, Swift Mender, Dispel Magic, Healing Infusion: Curative or Resistive, Orb Shift
Daily powers; Caustic Rampart, Stinking Cloud
Action point; Demonskin Tattoo

Feats; Acolyte of the Veil, Superior Implement Training Accurate Orb, Enlarge Spell, Battle Hardened, Dual Implement Spellcaster, Orb Expertise

Items; Potion of Healing X2, Cloak of Distortion +1, Ioun's Parchment, Demonskin Tattoo, Eternal Chalk, Resplendent Gloves, Accurate Orb of Nimble Thoughts, Accurate Orb of Forceful Magic, mundane stuff on sheet.
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Brastrix, having narrowly dodged Rhagast's blow, flourishes and stabs deep into the sinew of the bull-hemoth.

Rhagast staggers back in surprise, inspecting the wound, "Well rip me sails, Thar's fight in ye yet!"

Brastrix, however, is not listening. Before the brute can react, the nimble dragonborn leaps the bar. Blagarm gives startled, "Aaahhh" as Brastrix comes down, nearly on top of him.

"You're too slow for me, sea slug!" Brastrix taunts as he backs away, hoping to lure the minotaur on.

Robin abandons the door, charging up behind Rhagast and taking the minotaur by surprise, "'At's fer th'knife ya stuck'n Sulley's back!" The dwarf gloats as his cutlass finds home.

"Oooooow!" Grum bats at the flames like so many gnats, "Watchum fie-yur girlie!"

Still burning, his attention now on Rhagast, he bellows, "Gittum Grim!" to his brother as he leaves Rhagast's side, scrambling over the bar. Incredibly, the bugbear manages to get his arms around Rhagast's massive trunk, pinning the minotaurs arms, "Gottum Grim!"

"Grim coming Grum!" Grim rounds the crowd engulfing Rhagast and charges forward, his cutlass slicing at the minotaur, but Rhagast brings his horns around and parries the blow. Grim also tries to grab the sea-bull, but between Rhagast's size and his brothers arms, he can't find a hold, "Holdum still Grum!"

Riannah follows robbin, slashing at Rhagast with her cutlass, and finding a bit more luck than her bugbear comrade, "That's how it's done Grim."

Backing up to the wall she notices a knife-throwing board leaned up on a chair, grabs the knife and hurls a cheap shot a the minotaur, but the knife flies wide, nearly taking of Grim's ear.

"Watchum aim!"

Rhagast is having none of this, "Aaaaaaaraaaaah!" The minotaur opens his arms and breaks the bugbear's grip as easily as if he were shrugging off a towel after a morning bath. Following up, he lifts his axe and sends Grum flying back, "Donchie be runnin' 'way from me ye lilly-livered cow-word!"

Rhagast launches himself over the bar, ignoring the crowd around him, focusing solely on the rival pirate. Phoenix takes a tumble under Rhagast's charge and hits the floor hard, but not before making the evil pirate pay for the afront. Fire burns into the minotaur, causing noticeable damage.

Rhagast keeps going until he breathing down at Brastrix. "Ye can't win Brastrix!" The minotaur pants, blowing steam from his nostrils, "Ye'll die a'fore th'night's out."

[sblock=Brastrix and Friends]Brastrix:

Standard: Viscious Assult
Target: Rhagast
Attack: 1d20+19+2(Flanking)=34 vs. AC for 2d6+8=13 damage and Rhagast is pushed 1 square.
Leap From the Kill (triggered by hit): Brastrix shifts to G3
Move: Shift to G0

Robin:
Move: to I13
Standard: Charge to I8
Attack: 1d20+19+1(Charge)+2(Flanking)=29 vs. AC for 2d6+8=14 damage

Grum:
Move: to H6
Standard: Grab
Attack: 1d20+11=29 vs. Reflex
Rhagast is grabbed.
Save vs. OG 5 fire damage: 1d20=1 (oh boy!)

Grim:
Move: to K1
Standard: Charge to K6
Attack: 1d20+18+1(Charge)+2(Flanking)=27 vs. AC Miss
AP: Grab
Attack: 1d20+11+2(Flanking)=21 vs. Reflex Miss

Riannah:

Move: to K8
Standard: Slash and Dash
Attack: 1d20+18=29 vs. AC for 4d6+6=18 damage
Granted Shift from Cutlass: to L8
Granted Shift from Slash & Dash: to N9
Secondary Attack: 1d20+18=23 vs. AC Miss
[/sblock][sblock=Rhagast's Actions]Standard: Escape 1d20+15=35 vs. Fortitude Rhagast is free

AP1: Greataxe
Target: Grum
Attack: 1d20+19=27 vs. AC for 2d8+7=14 damage and Grum is pushed to G6

AP2: Trample to G1-H2
Target1: Phoenix
Phoenix OA: 1d20+9+2(Flanking)=18 vs. AC Miss
Robin OA: 1d20+19+2(Flanking)=29 vs. AC for 2d6+6=14 damage
Grim OA: 1d20+18=25 vs. AC Miss (I think I called him Grum in IC)
Attack1: 1d20+18=23 vs. AC Miss (Shield). Rhagast takes 3d6+24=34 fire damage
Target2: Grum
Attack2: 1d20+18=26 vs. AC Miss (I think I called him Grim in IC)
Grum OA: 1d20+18=19 vs. AC Miss (I think I called him Grim in IC)
[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Artemis: H8 42/42HP 8/8HS 1AP
Graven: -C7 30/30HP 11/11HS 1AP
Gil: F12 30/36HP 6/7HS 1AP
Lerrick: F11 52/52HP 9/9HS 1AP
Phoenix: I5 43/53HP 8/8HS 1AP, slowed, resist 10 fire and cold, any creature that attacks Phoenix takes 1d6+15 fire damage, 3d6+24 if it's a melee attack, Shield

Hellhound: K11 12/26 Bloodied, Prone
Flaming Sphere: J7(+10)
Magma Monster: G8 26/26

Brastrix: G0 143/143HP
Robin: I8 139/139HP
Riannah: N9 128/128HP
Grum: K5 231(226)/270HP Ongoing 5 fire (save ends)
Grim: G5 270/270HP

Rhagast: G1-H2 362/624HP[/sblock]
GM: @Iron Sky : I used Phoenix's Infernal Wrath instead of Shield. I firgured that since Rhagast didn't exactly bloody her, she wouldn't mind doing 34 damage to him. If you'd rather take Shield, I can retcon.
[sblock=Map]
TheHangedManRound2.png
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain!]Furniture is difficult terrain and small furniture can be used as an improvised weapon. Tables offer cover against creatures on the opposite side.

Tables can be flipped with a DC 12 Strength check as a minor action. Flipped tables offer superior cover and total concealement to prone creatures against creatures on the opposite side.

Any single square of furniture has 20 structural hitpoints. Destroyed furniture is no longer difficult terrain.

The bar can be hurdled with a DC 15 athletics check. Even then, it costs 2 squares of movement to traverse the bar.

The bar offers cover to standing creatures and superior cover / total concealment to prone creatures against creatures on the opposite side.[/sblock][sblock=Rhagast's Stats]
Rhagast-1.png
[/sblock][sblock=NPC Stats][sblock=Brastrix's Stats]
Brastrix.png
[/sblock][sblock=Robin's Stats]
Robin.png
[/sblock][sblock=Riannah's Stats]
Riannah-1.png
[/sblock][sblock=Grim's Stats]
Grim.png
[/sblock][sblock=Grum's Stats]
Grum.png
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I used Phoenix's Infernal Wrath instead of Shield. I firgured that since Rhagast didn't exactly bloody her, she wouldn't mind doing 34 damage to him. If you'd rather take Shield, I can retcon.

OOC: A couple things, I thought Grim and Grum were on Rhagast's side... I suppose I should have clarified to see if they looked like they were planning on attacking Phoenix or Rhagast. If there's any way I can not target them (the spell only targets enemies) I'll do that.

As for Shield and Infernal Wrath, I'd rather use Shield. He'll take the 34 damage anyway (from Fire Shield + Hellhound), Infernal Wrath just adds 2d6+9 more.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: Internet has been down at our house for two days, hopefully get it up today, but might not. I'll try to update soon, but don't have long enough breaks during the day to run a turn.

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: I'm just going to wait until IS does his turn. I'll likely get fried to a crisp with one of his fire attacks if I put myself too close to the action too soon

VanderLegion

First Post
Graven stays where he is and launches another missile at the pirate.[sblock="actions"]Standard: Magic Missle vs Rhagast. 6 damage.[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Graven Male Warforged Hybrid Swordmage/Wizard (Good)
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 17, Fort: 14, Reflex: 14, Will: 13
+2 saves against ongoing damage

Vitality
HP: 30/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 11/11
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Silentus

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC - Longsword: 1d8+2
Ranged Basic Attack: +0 vs AC - Unarmed: 1d4

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Missile, Booming Blade
Cantrips: Mage Hand, Light, Presdigitation, Ghost Sound
Encounter: Aegis of Shielding (Special), Sword of Sigils, Color Orb, Warforged Resolve
Daily: Vanishing Blade

Weapons:
Longsword - 1d8

Conditions:

Living Construct - No need to eat, drink, breathe, or sleep
Unsleeping Watcher - 4 hours of inactivity counts as an extended rest
Warforged Resolve - +2 bonus to saves against ongoing damage
Sword Bond - Can call sword to hand from 10 squares away as a minor action
Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid) - Regain use of swordmage aegis if target dies[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
As the minotaur charges of, Phoenix struggles to control the hellish creatures she has summoned, focusing all her energy on them to stop them from tearing into her allies.

OOC: Turn Summary: Magma Beast is in F4. Hellhound is no longer prone.
Phoenix is didn't move and is at 43/53hp. She has resist 10 fire and cold, is slowed, and any creature that attacks her takes 1d6+15 fire damage, 3d6+24 if it's a melee attack. She has Shield and Infernal Wrath readied.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Sustain Flaming Sphere.
Move: Magma Beast moves to F4.
Standard→Move: Hellhound stands.

Readied Actions:
Infernal Wrath(free): The first creature to attack Phoenix takes 2d6+9 fire damage.

[sblock=Statblock]Phoenix, Female Tiefling Mage 9
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20
AC: 21, Fort:19, Reflex: 23, Will:20, Resist Fire 9 -- Speed:6
HP:43/53, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +7, Action Points: 0
MBA: +8 AC, 1d4+1 damage. RBA: Range 20, 10 force damage.

Powers: Magic Missile, Scorching Burst, Hypnotism, Infernal Wrath, Burning Spray, Fire Shroud, Ardent Rain, Fire Burst, Shield, Second Wind, Flaming Sphere, Summon Magma Beast, Summon Hell Hound, Fire Shield
Items: Spidersilk Mantle, Dagger of Speed, Healing Potion x 1, Flame Bracers
Notes: *No OAs for Ranged or Area attacks. *Attacks ignore fire resistance. *+1 to hit, +2 damage vs bloodied. *+1d6+2d8 damage on crit.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Lerrick, seeing that no one is in any immediate danger, goes on the offense, attempting to weaken the Rhagast's defenses. Mumbling a chant and thrusting her hands foward. The minotaur grunts in discomfort, obviously effected by the Lerrick's action. The half-elf smiles Yess!

[sblock=actions]
movement: none
minor: none
attack: bane vs minotaur 1d20+7 vs reflex: 26

Until the end of Lerrick's next turn, Rhagast's takes a -4 penalty to all attack rolls and defenses.

[/sblock]

Remove ads