• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Birthday: World's Hardest Gary Gygax Quiz

rkwoodard

First Post
fun

In honor of Gary Gygax's birthday, here's a Gary Gygax trivia quiz so hard that James Mal only got 90%. Can you do better?

I took it, didn't use google, and got 50%. Three I knew were wrong, and I guess right on one.

Funny thing is, I didn't make the leaderboard (no surprise at all). But, if i would have used Google, I would have made it with the 50%, and I know I would have gotten at least one more right than I did.

Thanks,

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
70%, without google, and a couple will come to me at 4 in the morning.

Like Don Kaye did just now while I was typing this! Damn you aging memory.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
90% without Google.

Bullgrit took the Hardest Gary Gygax Quiz in the World and got 90%!

You are a Gary Gygax Lord. Wow, you know a lot about Gary Gygax! My guess is that you are one of those Old School Renaissance guys, or else your last name is Gygax. Seriously, I didn't think anyone would do this well on this quiz.

Paladin Code: You completed this quiz without using Google.

I missed #7 and #9.

#7, I knew he wrote some of those, some sounded like something he'd write, and one, (the one I picked), just didn't sound like something he'd write. I was wrong.

#9, Most of those I knew were not EGG's PCs, but a couple I wasn't sure if they were NPCs played by EGG or actually originally PCs. Looking it up afterward, it turns out that the two I wasn't sure about, (NPC or PC), were tricky: one was an NPC run by Gary, turned a PC run by Rob; the other was an NPC run by Rob, turned PC run by Gary. I chose the wrong one.

Bullgrit

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
I got 60% without Google, so I'm feeling sufficiently nerdy today.

EDIT: I like that the leaderboard tracks the number of times people have attempted the quiz in order to get their results. Nice going epg, going the distance with Google and submitting the quiz 11 times! You were sure to get the answers correct eventually. That's perseverance!

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
70% without Google. Hooray for guessing right 2 of the multiple choice questions (well, it was kinda process of elimination)...and I got wrong one of the questions I thought I knew, go figure.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
I got 60% without Google, so I'm feeling sufficiently nerdy today.

EDIT: I like that the leaderboard tracks the number of times people have attempted the quiz in order to get their results. Nice going epg, going the distance with Google and submitting the quiz 11 times! You were sure to get the answers correct eventually. That's perseverance!

LOL. I like this list of people that did use Google and only got 70%. That's beyond lazy. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads