Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I have not kept up with baseball like I would like. I can't watch my local team as often as I'd like. I don't have Bally sports and they're not on a local station.
I've noticed the schedule is very different from what it used to be. Years ago, teams would play half their games vs their division. The other half against the other league teams. When inter-league started they had to swap out some inner leagues games. A series or two at home and away. Now it looks like they play every team. Fewer games against their division rivals. For the Braves it means fewer Mets, Phillies, Nats, and Marlins, but more AL teams. I long for the old days when I could watch them on local TV.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have not kept up with baseball like I would like. I can't watch my local team as often as I'd like. I don't have Bally sports and they're not on a local station.
I’m in the same boat, and have been for a while. I only got to watch my team when they were on the road…and as they won the World Series.😎

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
When you're in a position of adjudicating something involving other people, fiat (which in this context is understood to mean "eschews consistency") is a vice, not a virtue. By all means make a ruling, but there needs to be a substantive reason why your ruling was different than what it was the last time the same situation came up (and yes, you'll need to define and defend what you consider to be "substantive").

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
So in our next campaign (which, like the last one, will be PF1), I'm looking at playing a yaddithian, and I'm shocked at how there seems to be literally no race-specific options for them beyond their basic PC information.

For Paizo to have absolutely nothing in that regard is highly unusual (even if they came out when PF1 was only a little over two years away from ending), and for the entire third-party community to have written absolutely no supporting material is even more shocking. It honestly seems like everyone forgot that this particular PC race exists.

1000000216.jpg

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I was today years old when I learned of Liga Futbol Americano in Mexico. I didn't know they played real football in Mexico.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I was today years old when I learned of Liga Futbol Americano in Mexico. I didn't know they played real football in Mexico.
I’d heard of it, but don’t know much about it. There’s actually a fair amount of American/Canadian style football played around the world. But as I recall, most of it is at the amateur club/business level, not pro.

I used to love watching the World League of American Football before it folded after a decade or so of competition. There was a German steelworker who had played for his company team, and I think he wound up as a defensive lineman on the Frankfurt Galaxy*. If American scouts had found him before he turned 28, he might have made it to the NFL- he was freakishly strong and faster than you’d expect.

* which, BTW, was resurrected as a part of the ELF (European League of Football) in 2021

Ulfgeir

Hero
Damn, it is expensive buying cars now... Just paid the 20% downpayment on a "new" car... The rest will be monthly payments for the next 7 years..

Remove ads