Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I’d heard of it, but don’t know much about it. There’s actually a fair amount of American/Canadian style football played around the world. But as I recall, most of it is at the amateur club/business level, not pro.

I used to love watching the World League of American Football before it folded after a decade or so of competition. There was a German steelworker who had played for his company team, and I think he wound up as a defensive lineman on the Frankfurt Galaxy*. If American scouts had found him before he turned 28, he might have made it to the NFL- he was freakishly strong and faster than you’d expect.

* which, BTW, was resurrected as a part of the ELF (European League of Football) in 2021
I remember the World League. They had teams in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe. My favorite teams were Scottish Claymores and Barcelona Dragons. I liked the Seattle Sea Dragons in the XFL for the same reason; the name. LOL

Apparently colleges in Mexico have American football programs. I think it's cool they have it on the college level in other countries.

432788096_122199816020001236_5693824195919758217_n.jpg

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I found myself wondering how many opportunities I've missed out on because I don't make the first move. And I wonder if women ever make the first move. How many waited for me?

I have to blame someone else. Dang you, trappedslider for making me feel old and lonely.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Watching the video from Israel is surreal. I know it's not but it looks like a meteor shower. Can I be in awe and horrified at the same time?

I found myself wondering how many opportunities I've missed out on because I don't make the first move. And I wonder if women ever make the first move. How many waited for me?

I have to blame someone else. Dang you, trappedslider for making me feel old and lonely.
I'm old and lonely too lol
Watching the video from Israel is surreal. I know it's not but it looks like a meteor shower. Can I be in awe and horrified at the same time?
"So we are, as always, one bad bottle of tequila away from all-out war in West Asia."- West Wing

Things I've learned from the Car chase channel on plutotv: CHP's cars all have a push bar so they can do the pit maneuver. When doing a pursuit LAPD goes into tracking mode, meaning no lights or sirens and CHP is more aggressive. Also traffic sucks in LA.

Remove ads