Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I wonder if a George Lucas knew this:

Spaghetti & Meatballs

Not Italian
Spaghetti exists in Italy — there’s no denying that. Meatballs also exist in Italy, albeit in a different form: there, they’re called polpettes, and range in size between golfball-sized and marble-sized (aka polpettines). But combining these two often disparate entities? That’s something that was reserved for Italian-American immigrants, who, after moving to America, found an abundance of cheap meat, pasta, and tomatoes, and decided to make a meal quite a bit different from the stuff they had overseas in the old country, thus paving the way for some innovative Alka-Seltzer commercials.
IOW, the Emperor is (almost) named after tiny meatballs.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
For all the lawyers out there . . . . .

What is the difference between a jellyfish and a lawyer?

one is a spineless poisonous blob, the other is a form of sea life.

How many lawyers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

3: one to climb the ladder, one to shake the ladder and one to sue the ladder company

Q: Why did God make snakes just before lawyers?
A:
To practice.

The answer is in a spoiler ^

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Putting up the laundry tonight, I got "Tribbled" by very aggressive towels, lurking on the top shelf of the storage closet.

A nice comedic cherry on an otherwise nice evening with extended family. Woulda been better had my Saints won or the Cowboys lost, but I can't have everything.

Remove ads