Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Christmas is a mixed bag for me. My maternal grandmother passed on Christmas many years ago, and it deeply affected my mother. They had a...complicated...relationship, but ever since that day, every mid-December to mid-January is an extremely stressful time for my mom. Big mood swings, explosive temper, misdirected anger.

And since "stuff" rolls downhill, everybody around her is a potential target- I got yelled at a week ago for asking her what she wanted for dinner. Then I got an aggressive lecture because Elton John got married.

But, cut out all that noise, and Christmas is, for me, a pretty positive time of year.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Christmas at the Johanneses WIN_20141225_075602.JPG

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
No pix from here- nothing to see, actually. Forget that we're all just kind of dragging ourselves up now, and haven't gotten gifts out, we simply don't even decorate. Or wrap gifts. Haven't really done so since @1974.

Oh, sure, you might see a cardboard hallmark Christmas tree or a single small nativity scene on a table. But that's it. Which is HILARIOUS because we have some very nice hand-made ornaments.

Now that said...... I realized something today. The only difference between 'santa' and an evil guy is the placement of the 'n'. That folks..... is truly messed up.

For X-mas, I got an Amazon GC that will go to either a movie or a DnD book. Munchkin's "Zombies" card game. AC / DC CD. Apes movie and a gift to myself for surviving the year..... Tiamat.

Remove ads