• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A profound intellectual discovery: Brrrrrrrrrrr (A momentary diversion from the daily grind of life)

Yesterday was a bad day to ride a bicycle. Today probably would have been worse, I do not know. It will remain only a theory.

Scotley

Hero
A profound intellectual discovery: Brrrrrrrrrrr (A momentary diversion from the daily grind of life)

Yesterday was a bad day to ride a bicycle. Today probably would have been worse, I do not know. It will remain only a theory.

Yeah, weather like yesterday is one of the reasons I reside below the Mason Dixon line. We only have to deal with that kind of lock up the brass monkeys cold a few days a year at worst.

The way I will set up and run this game is everyone gets to chose a character. Once chosen, they are given "Their secret". Everyone is searching for the serial killer for a different reason..... many not good.

One includes a serial killer looking for how to improve his / her "art" which is a changeling :)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I've done that kind of thing before- handing out secret motivations? Can be fun with the right crowd.

In my game (at a tournament), sort of like yours, it turned out that one player's character was a magical assassin who was a bit more powerful than the other PCs & NPCs in the group, but not more powerful than all of them combined. That player had to 1) pick off NPCs, whittling down the group's size all while 2) disguising their power level to avoid suspicion.

When the time was right, the assassin was to strike his primary target and escape to claim his fee.

The final battle was cool. And no, the assassin didn't win.

Last edited:

Remove ads