• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Currently at the ER vet- younger dog attacked older dog post-bathing; older dog needs stitches around her eye. (No damage to the eye itself.)

Unlike humans, whom you can tell to “stay calm” and use a local, this requires full anesthesia for the dog, which means $$$. AND making a decision on the pet equivalent of a DNR.

Hell of a day.

[video=youtube;peY2OoBMHFM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peY2OoBMHFM[/video]

[video=youtube;HE8f2xYz3Rw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE8f2xYz3Rw[/video]

Our 4yr old Lab has taken my wife's displeasure of the groundhogs a little too literal. She had spotted, pounced on and neck bitten thus killed two baby groundhogs thus far.

Wife is encouraging it by not saying "No!".

Pointed out that could another person's small dog or worse. Aye. What to do.

Oh.... and son-in-law has brought home a new pet..... full grown rooster named 'Topper'.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Spent most of yesterday in or near the ER Vet.

“Poochdini” got out of her protective cone twice. So I attached it to her collar. So she took off the collar as well.

Went back to vet to get a smaller collar- the first was too deep- and talked to them about the attachment issue. We decided to leave her in her walking harness, sans leash, and attach the cone to THAT. So far, so good.

Of course, having not worn a cone in 11+ years, she’s still kind of freaking out. Very unsettled. Hasn’t been drinking as much. Hasn’t eaten.

And she has to stay in this cone until the stitches come out.

Oy freaking vey.

Spent most of yesterday in or near the ER Vet.

“Poochdini” got out of her protective cone twice. So I attached it to her collar. So she took off the collar as well.

Went back to vet to get a smaller collar- the first was too deep- and talked to them about the attachment issue. We decided to leave her in her walking harness, sans leash, and attach the cone to THAT. So far, so good.

Of course, having not worn a cone in 11+ years, she’s still kind of freaking out. Very unsettled. Hasn’t been drinking as much. Hasn’t eaten.

And she has to stay in this cone until the stitches come out.

Oy freaking vey.

[video=youtube;4LToTYAOoqE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LToTYAOoqE[/video]

Mad_Jack

Legend
The high point of my day today was...

...not being the dead guy they found in the Walmart parking lot.

Started a new job on Friday, was immediately informed of mandatory Saturday overtime.
Day-from-Hell on Monday.
Woke up today with a stiff neck and upset stomach.
Chipped a tooth sneezing while eating breakfast.
Got to work...

And they tell us that, since two machines are down for repairs and another two lines finished their runs yesterday... They don't need people, so they sent all the temps home for the day.

:mad::mad::mad:

Oh, yeah - dead guy at WallyWorld...

When I got there, the cops had a section of the lot taped off, and a vehicle was under a tent in the center of it. Apparently, according to the story I got from the lookyloos, some lady had pulled into the lot, noticed a friend's car parked there, and went into the store to find them. When she couldn't find the guy, she apparently checked his car...
And found him two days dead inside.
Not sure if he was already known to be missing or not.

Remove ads