Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Gotta take Mom for a minor medical procedure at 6:30AM.

We are currently experiencing golfball sized hail. Because my gate controller has been malfunctioning for a couple of weeks, my car has been parked in front of the house instead of in the garage.

Guess I’ll find out in a few hours if my windshield took a hit...

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Gotta take Mom for a minor medical procedure at 6:30AM.

We are currently experiencing golfball sized hail. Because my gate controller has been malfunctioning for a couple of weeks, my car has been parked in front of the house instead of in the garage.

Guess I’ll find out in a few hours if my windshield took a hit...
I hope you don't take a hit. hail of any size hurts.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Aaaaand my car is probably not drivable. 3 big hits to the windshield, and there’s a dent the size of a human head on the right front wheel well.

Dad’s car may have some denting, but nothing major. Mom’s car was in the garage.

Cripes! Who would want to top that day?!?

But here go- tomorrow I'm back to work. Cat got out because the wife rarely pays attention to the door. Discovered screw-ups in my numbering with my geomorph maps. fixed. found that created a new problem. Wondering if I will EVER game again seeing as now in my late forties, no one wants to play "fantasy" games with an old man.

its only 12:30pm

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Got a good look at the damage in the full light of day.

While I can see several dents from hailstones, the number of strikes wasn’t particularly large. I had a Volvo transformed into a 212HP green golfball a decade ago, and the glass was unscathed.

This time, it wasn’t the quantity, it was the quality. There were only 4 major strikes and a few minor ones. But three were all in the windshield. I am amazed that the glass didn’t completely shatter or even make an actual hole. As it was, there are shards of glass everywhere, inside & out.

And again, the one that hit the wheel arch must have been softball/grapefruit sized based on the dent that is bigger across than the flat cap I wore today.

The insurance adjuster will be coming at some point to inspect the house, but a ground-level walkaround revealed no obvious damage.

Mad_Jack

Legend
IMG_1801.JPG.ac4cc7bdca9cba903428e51da63c8607.JPG

Mad_Jack

Legend
I'm pretty sure my Monday wins...

I started off the day nearly late for work because I got kicked by a deer.

The bastards squeezed into the pool area through the gap in the fence again, and I had to go chase them out again since they can never figure out how to get back out, panic, and then smash themselves silly on the fence till they knock it down. So I have to go down and very carefully open the gate and herd them out.

Except this time, one of the idiot walking jerky strips panicked and fell into the damn pool.

So I had to spend twenty minutes dragging the plastic pool stairs out of the shed in the back yard, tossing them over the pool fence, putting them in the pool while being mobbed by a handful of panicked deer, and then try to push the dumb thing over to the stairs with the pool net so it could get out.

As it charged past me out the gate, it kicked me in the meat of my calf.

I spent the day at work hobbling around, which just enhanced my foul mood while suffering through a hellish day at work.

Pro Tip: The guy who got kicked in his bad leg by a large herbivore probably doesn't want to spend his day repeatedly climbing a step ladder and standing on his tip toes to stir the crap in the big tank so we don't lose the prime on the pump - which isn't technically his damn job anyway.

Remove ads