Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I once received text messages that were something to the order of:

"Its me"

"yeah, that 817ch [ <--except the real spelling]"

and I am like:huh???

So I call the number from which the text came from and politely informed whoever answered the phone on the other end about the text, this person sounding like an adult, and she lets me know she will take care of it. I thank her And I never hear from that number again.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
On New Year's Eve I was texted several pictures of a little girl wearing 2018 glasses. Clearly she was celebrating. I have no idea who this was. I assume they were sending the pictures to the person I mentioned above. I wonder what they would have thought if they knew they sent pictures of their daughter to a total stranger.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’ve gotten my fair share of truly odd wrong numbers.

For a harrowing but mercifully brief period of time before I went on a week-long vacation, my phone number was 1 digit off from a local suicide hotline. It is VERY DIFFICULT to interrupt someone who is pouring out their souls over the phone as soon as you say “Hello!” Fortunately- surprisingly- most of them were VERY understanding and even got a chuckle out of it.

After we moved into our current house in 1998, we got a call from someone asking us to “punch 9 to open the gate.” When I informed the person that he was calling a single-family home and not an apartment in a gated community, he said “just press the #@#$+! Number 9!” So I did...and heard the *boop-boop-boop* of a gate opener responding and a “Thanks!” To this day, I have no idea where that person what’s calling from.

And for the past few years, I have been getting texts messages- and the occasional phone call- for someone named “Autumn.” That is not my real name, nor the name of anyone I know.:erm:

Remove ads