• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Latest work drama. I have decided to step down as a manager. I'm not ready. The district manager was testing me again today. He wanted to see if I could handle cooking a lunch rush by myself. I heard him tell another not to help me. He kept the regular cook busy with other things. After we talked about it I asked what our options were. He said he can make me a crew member at Canton. Then said something about being a cook. So I'm going from a full time shift manager to a part time cook. Fewer hours and less pay. Yet the pros out weigh the cons. Mainly the location is on the same street I'm living on. It's less than 2 miles as opposed to 22 miles. It might give me more time to work on my own business ideas.

What do you think of the name; My Own Personal Geek

Tough decision, but sometimes, a strategic retreat is exactly what you need.

What about Geek On Demand? (G.O.D. ;) )

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
As an atheist, do I have to disbelieve in myself?lol

We both agreed this didn't have to be the end. I just need time to work my way up to management.

Flooding is getting a bit crazy in Arlington. I watched a fully grown 40ft long tree complete with its roots go down the river in front of my house this mourning.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Crap..

Of all the things I might have thought would happen today, Notre Dame going up in flames like a defective 1970's-era fake X-mas tree was not one of them...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It’s not a total loss, happily. Some of the statuary had been removed last week, and they said some stuff had been rescued today (but didn’t specify what).

Remove ads