Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
It was in the works since the 1980s. See, the way I figure it, the people who were in college and highschool in 1980s were taught by all the people who wished they were Mr. Cotter or were resentful that they were not adults during the hippie ara.

Those people remembered how racist archie Bunker, was and compaired that to how warm and cuddily Cliff Huxtable, The Ceevers, Keatons,etc made them felt. Then when saw the first episodes of Married With Children and Rosanne and listened to proto Gangsta Rap and immediately thought that something was horribly wrong with how america was evolving. They then used this as motivation to institute political correctness.

-Sent via Tapatalk

Last edited:

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Watching the first episode of The Equalizer in my spout of nostalgia, and what suddenly appears at 10 minutes in? The set from Wargames. The movie. Not just a similar looking set, the exact same set of computer terminals and screens.

And it's playing a role as "The Pentagon".

In 2003 I felt a strange pressure in my chest. EKG and stress tests showed nothing so we went with it.

Tuesday I went to bed with that same sensation but pulsing. Spooked me. I called doctor and went in. Didn't get my normal doctor. Got one that the ink is still went on his licence. HE FREAKED OUT.

He felt i was a having a heart attack.

I told him to chill (didn't go well with him) and we did an EKG and X-rays. My NORMAL doctor looked at these and feels I have scar tissue pushing on my heart. (From my cancer days) All of these years thinking I was stressed I was possibly fine- just the scar tissue pushing on things.

To be safe, Both docs suggest a full check up so Tuesday I Catscan, Stress Test and EKG and wear a monitor for 24 hours to see what is up.

A little freaked myself but okay knowing in some degree I have felt this for over 12 years and I'm still here. We (docs and myself) merely misdiagnosed it as stress.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Oh. Ouch. I'd say that's not a good reaction from the new doctor. But it did lead to finding out about it, so I'm not really sure how he should have reacted. Since you've had it for so long there is a chance it's a stable thing and they'll just tell you not to exert yourself in the future. Hoping for the best.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ouch!

Praying for you mega- hopefully, this is treatable.

When I got diagnosed with extremely high blood pressure (200+/200+), my MD became sheet-white. Not the reaction I wanted to see, let me tell you. But he was expecting me to keel over any second.

A buddy of mine was recently diagnosed with a fracture in a neck vertebrae that may be responsible for a lifetime of epilleptic seizures, and might have killed him at any time.

Better to know than not to know.

Last edited:

Remove ads