• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
right_toon_t670.jpg

Mad_Jack

Legend
I want to go to the movies but I don't want to wear a mask the whole time. Is that a requirement where you are?

Masks are required basically everywhere in public in Connecticut - you're only supposed to lower your mask in the theater when eating or drinking. (On a side note, all restaurants are still only drive-through or take-out only.)
All seating is purchased online and you have to pick your seat just like going to a concert. Seating is limited - the seating is "luxury" seating to begin with, and only about half of it is available to enforce social distancing - any group larger than three would have to split up. Singles are required to choose the single seats so that two strangers aren't sitting together.

Movie wasn't nearly the train wreck I've heard some predict it would be. The trailer implies that it's a "horror" film with powered kids in it, but it's more of a horror-flavored comic book film. It wasn't a blockbuster, but, for those that know the books, it was a valid take on what might have happened to the characters if somebody other than Professor X had gotten to them first. It actually managed to retain a lot of the feel of the early issues of the comic book, just slightly darker - all but one of the characters' backstories are basically the same, with the tweaks meant to accent the darker aspects of them.
Overall, not bad. Definitely something to watch when it shows up on the streams or Red Box.

The one thing that irked me a bit was that the brief exposition that "explains" Illyana's powers doesn't say anything about the Soulsword. Those unfamiliar with the books are going to be wondering where the hell the sword and armor came from, but a single additional minute of film with about four sentences of dialogue could have tied the whole thing together nicely...

Last edited:

Remove ads