Happy Memories (Negativity Free)

Nugan

First Post
I'm not sure if it was Mel's rant or the switch to the old boards or just buried animosities bubbling to the surface, but things have been pretty negative around here the last couple of weeks. Its gotten to the point where people are complaining about other people complaining (and I nearly posted a comment complaining about people complaining about other people complaining).

Don't worry, that negativity isn't the main point of this topic. I promised that the next topic I wrote would be a positive one, so here goes:

What are some of your favorite memories from the time you've spent in the ISRP rooms?

Here are some of mine:

The Viles: Two (or is it three now?) years ago when I was still new to the site, and the "war" between the Viles and the Alliance (back when it was run by Edena) was in full swing, my character Hector found himself recruited into the alliance. Minutes later I was at an off-site room (my first time) watching the two groups battle each other. It wasn't long before poor Hector was tricked by a Vile and murdered (and then raised by his allies of course), but I loved every minute of it.

Hmmm... I'm drawing a blank. I'll have to add some others later.

Anyway, time to hear what great times the rest of you have had.

Remember: No complaining, no criticizes other peoples memories, etc. This is supposed to be negativity free. :)

Nevine

First Post
Okay...

My First Day(ish) (as Nevine):
While a played a few characters a year or two before Nevine, I decided to start over pretty much with a clean slate as him (meaning my old friends didn't know it was me for some time).

Anyway..

Me and this other guy who was also playing a cleric of Takhisis moised on into the tavern one day and decided to go over and bother Dontella and her group of friends. It was good fun just messing with them, and they seemed to enjoy themselves as well. Thinking back, it's also nice to see how Dontella and Nevine's relationship has evolved over the past three or four years.

Jackson
I never laughed harder in my life than some of the times Nevine sat around and shot the bull with Jackson. Good stuff.

Some plotlines and people
There are a ton of people who have made my online experience so much the better. While I could go on a spiel naming them off, I think they know who they are.

One of my favorite plotlines has to be "The Three", which was engineered by Thanriyon. I don't think I could explain it well enough, but it dealt with awakening the Dark God, Tharizdun from his imprisonment.

I also liked Dontella's plotline not too long ago dealing with people's opposites. Likely because it left a lot of room for the "bad guys" to act without becoming confined to a single plot structure.

There are some others..but my head hurts trying to remember that far back.

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

A Positive Post!

Hmm, good memories...

A fair amount of good things have happened in the last six months that I've been a part of the ISRP addicts, I'll put a few of them here.
I'd say it goes back to the first time I decided to venture out of RPG Live and see what the ISRP was all about. I had my screen name Meliamne_the_Dark, the previous alias of Tharivious_Meliamne, and went into the tavern.
First thing I did was observe for a short time to see how people interacted, which was a good learning experience for a newcomer. I went up to the characters that seemed most likely to deal with my character, who at the time was a full Shade with no hair, and essentialy looked like a Drow. That group contained Morgana, and she was the first character that Tharivious spoke to on Wizards, and the rest of that bond is history in the making.
Within the first few days, he made friends with a few characters, and was also shunned by a few, many thanks go out to each group of players, because that was part of made those first few days so much fun. Looking back, he's made friends out of a few who at first pushed him away, and that is satisfying roleplaying at it's finest.

Since that first day I've dealt with many other characters and players, and made friends with several of them, and as Nevine said, I could list them here, but they know who they are. It's always fun to be able to help someone pull off a storyline when you get the chance, and it's always nice to see a great storyline pull together.

For all the negativity I have, I can be a positive person when I want to be. And believe it or not, I am a nice guy. :D

Krystal

First Post
Mine are from waaay back. I remember playing "spin the Jagan" and "Dwarfy bowling". I also loved my days as the "Pie Queen". Those were memorable days, when fooling around in the tavern didn't get people trying to kill your character because it annoyed them.

:sighs and smiles:
~Krys

Nevine

First Post
More... I can post more right? Too bad..I am.

Neeeeeeewbie
Okay..I'll embarass myself.

My first characters were this fighter-knight type (we'll call him "A") and his ranger brother (we'll call him "R"). I decidedly don't play them anymore.

Well, "A" was actually a character from a video game and "R" was from a book (though his last name changed eventually). It was so corny looking back..but no one ever said anything and I made plenty of friends. Good people.

Krystal

First Post
That was YOU? I seemed to remember something about that... Oh wow.....

:eek:

I also had a minor character, we'll call her "A". Had an amusing... friend? Shall we call it?

~Krystal

Dontella

First Post
*points, laughs.. cackles.. then takes a deep breath*

Teasing.. you know that.. but Admittedly, Donny D was my first real character onlline.. I tried one.. and never made it out of the lobby with her, as I didn't know any commands..

Talk about silly..

Watching Trelack Eat.. Anything was a favorite past time..

Jagan was fun..

I think some of my favorite times came from when most folks were from Krynn. It really made for some good RP, to watch the clerics of different faith and long rivals in the same room, and without killing one another!

And of course.. who could forget Durst, and the look on that sailors face when Ginger showed up..

T

Tiagan

Lets see... some of my favourite memories...

WizO Melchior...
When I first showed up here, I was Khazor. Khazor, of course, is still around messing with people. The very first person that I met in character was Melchior. Whether or not that was a good thing still I have not yet figured out. I found a kindred spirit in that one, and he never ceased to amuse me with his masks, humming, and ichor.

Bothering people and confusing the daylights out of them alongside Melchior are some of my fondest ISRP memories.

E

elsenore

Actually, I think my fondest memory on this site is one where I almost got kicked out.

I still haven't figured out why I wasn't. Anyhow, assuming that the statute of limitations has run out (I think), I'll tell the story.

Well, I had been on the site for maybe two years, and a couple of young ne'er-do-wells decided that it would be fun to force actions onto my character. In short (politely put): their characters tried and suceeded in touching my character's mammary glands. (Whew! I pulled that off without blushing! I must be growing up, or somesuch silly thing). Needless to say, neither she nor I were very pleased. I went ape, and summoned a grizzly right there in the Tavern, and mauled them within an inch of their lives.

Yeah, I know, bad bad bad bad bad. I was young and dumb-er. Anyhow, the WizO of the night (I forget who it was - perhaps you remember this incident?) popped in, scolded me, and told me that I had best cease my actions lest face the reprecussions. Right. I'm still surprised that they let me come back. Or rather, didn't really do anything. From that moment on, I behaved myself. My character began to take much better shape, and I even made friends with the two little twits. Sorry - I'll refer to them as nice young men. :D *giggle* We stayed friends for nearly a year, before they "grew up" and found real girls to harass, date, and such. It was so cute, in a weird, virtual kind of way. :p

Wow, I'm a freak. *slaps self* Sorry. That needed to be said.

I also love when the WizOs take control of the golems, something which doesn't happen as often now... But that's another story.
*giggle*

Remove ads